You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jul 5, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #2,461 of 6,112
My TV's speakers are awful! Luckily, when I retired my Musical Fidelity V-DAC from main listening duties, I found that the TV had a digital output, so it is still doing a nice job, tucked in behind the screen and feeding my system.

Jul 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,462 of 6,112
Lol that trickery :D I love neutral sounding stuff but I also want every detail reveaied, so I love a good subwoofer that I can tune to my extremely flat tastes... I know that people may like louder bass for explosions but many cinemas inevitably end up overdoing it and making the explosion sound so artificial... Which is why i sometimes prefer to wait for the movie to be available on blu-ray and then watch it on my TV connected to my PSB sound system

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #2,464 of 6,112
I like this thread a lot for some reason... wonder why the previous one got locked 
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,466 of 6,112
I like this thread a lot for some reason... wonder why the previous one got locked :frowning2:  

Because of 2-3 pages of beats bashing. Or maybe that was the non-audiophile reactions thread, not sure.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #2,467 of 6,112
Lol that trickery :D I love neutral sounding stuff but I also want every detail reveaied, so I love a good subwoofer that I can tune to my extremely flat tastes... I know that people may like louder bass for explosions but many cinemas inevitably end up overdoing it and making the explosion sound so artificial... Which is why i sometimes prefer to wait for the movie to be available on blu-ray and then watch it on my TV connected to my PSB sound system

I hate when there's so much bass on the subwoofer I'm shaking from it violently.

Jul 6, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #2,469 of 6,112
i think he means it literally... some cinemas really overdo it...

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #2,471 of 6,112
only the IMAX ones in Singapore are slightly better...

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #2,472 of 6,112
Strange, that never bothers me in movies (neither in music). I actually think it's quite nice. When I was watching the movie "Godzilla" in IMAX the floor was literally shaking viscerally, and it was awesome. I can't imagine anyone who would dislike that tbh.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,473 of 6,112
Deep, ppwerful bass is good, - loud, boomy, mid-bass is not. I remember watching 'Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy' at an otherwise nice independent cinema in Scarborough and some idiot in the sound control booth had obviously been given a graphic equaliser for his birthday.

Great farts of flabby, uncontrolled booming made the dialogue almost impossible to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back