You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,711 of 6,112
I'll just get this amp, then it makes your music sound crap, so you buy new music. That sounds crap on your headphones, so you get new ones. Then they need an amp, and so on, until you get Orpheus.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #1,712 of 6,112
There's a big moment that occurs when it's 1999 and you're getting your underwear pulled over your head in the 8th grade, but as you're getting shoved into a locker you're smirking because you think you're king of the world with your Radio Shack Koss headphones that nobody gives a damn about.  Then after you start college and finally get an internship and realize what it's like to get a non-minimum wage paycheck and you're able to feed yourself without having to work 3 jobs, you discover a website with high-end headphones and save up and order a pair you see mentioned on the site....then you're hooked.  

Then you graduate and work a full-time job for 5 years saving every dime you get and you realize you're STILL working toward your dream 'phones/amp/equipment...

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #1,713 of 6,112
...when you buy something and you're looking to upgrade it before it arrives at your door.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,714 of 6,112
You think about how well it scales before you buy it, for an excuse to buy more amps.

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #1,718 of 6,112
Hell, you can't get anything with that! That'll only pay for the tubes of the headphone amp.

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #1,722 of 6,112

Was this from a book purchased by your school/Drivers Ed program? 

I'm surprised this book that probably thousands of students have to read (and are supposed to take seriously) says "by" instead of "buy" and spells "decent wrong"  and probably even more errors that I'm too tired to noticed.  I'm even more surprised that I'm the first one in this thread to point it out :3

Also, YKYAA when you discover a new band (Cage The Elephant) and you love their first album but hate their second (Melophobia) Because it's mastered so insanely loudly and you haven't even finished a whole song because it sounds so bad. It also makes me feel pretty schiity about buying a $450 amp and still having your badly mastered music sound terrible in contrast to stuff that's mastered correctly.

Anyone here know of "The White Stripes" or Jack White? He has this belief that using an audio engineer is "cheating" while I don't exactly agree with him it does make all of his/their music sound really good. \off topic-ish I should be asleep rant

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #1,723 of 6,112
  Was this from a book purchased by your school/Drivers Ed program? 

I'm surprised this book that probably thousands of students have to read (and are supposed to take seriously) says "by" instead of "buy" and spells "decent wrong"  and probably even more errors that I'm too tired to noticed.  I'm even more surprised that I'm the first one in this thread to point it out :3

Also, YKYAA when you discover a new band (Cage The Elephant) and you love their first album but hate their second (Melophobia) Because it's mastered so insanely loudly and you haven't even finished a whole song because it sounds so bad. It also makes me feel pretty schiity about buying a $450 amp and still having your badly mastered music sound terrible in contrast to stuff that's mastered correctly.

Anyone here know of "The White Stripes" or Jack White? He has this belief that using an audio engineer is "cheating" while I don't exactly agree with him it does make all of his/their music sound really good. \off topic-ish I should be asleep rant

Heard of Jack White! xD

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,724 of 6,112
you know you're an audiophile when you have over 80% of your music collection is FLAC..

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #1,725 of 6,112
Or when your storage looks like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back