You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Nov 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,246 of 6,112
People want b***ts because it's marketed to their sorry souls.
I get people saying to me: 'B***ts are way better than V-Moda. I've never even heard of V-Moda. B***ts are way better and have much better bass'
Have you tried amping B***ts?

Anyway let me share a hilarious story.
I was in the UK in HMV (hifi store) and was testing my LP2's flex headband over the store models, all the popular... Unmentional brands.
So I flex and twist away my now-sold LP2s. A stupid girl tries to do the same as I did with my LP2s, flex the headband.
Problem is she tried to twist the headband of the B***ts St**io, which coincidently snapped. A security guard pulled her away from the headphone booth and told her she had to pay for the damage.
Plastic vs. Steelflex headband. Plastic obviously won and B***ts are the best. You should all go buy a pair because Dre said they were the best and everyone else has them. I want a pair soooo bad.
Not.

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,247 of 6,112
People want b***ts because it's marketed to their sorry souls.
I get people saying to me: 'B***ts are way better than V-Moda. I've never even heard of V-Moda. B***ts are way better and have much better bass'
Have you tried amping B***ts?

Anyway let me share a hilarious story.
I was in the UK in HMV (hifi store) and was testing my LP2's flex headband over the store models, all the popular... Unmentional brands.
So I flex and twist away my now-sold LP2s. A stupid girl tries to do the same as I did with my LP2s, flex the headband.
Problem is she tried to twist the headband of the B***ts St**io, which coincidently snapped. A security guard pulled her away from the headphone booth and told her she had to pay for the damage.
Plastic vs. Steelflex headband. Plastic obviously won and B***ts are the best. You should all go buy a pair because Dre said they were the best and everyone else has them. I want a pair soooo bad.
Not.

I feel your pain, but let's not b***h about b***s here :) Its what got the last thread dead.

Haha, although sometimes it'll just be performance..
biggrin.gif

*Glimpses over at Summit-Fi*

*guilty* (<3 u 1266)

Nov 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #1,248 of 6,112
...when you think to look up headphones on Craigslist and proceed to feel ill when the results come up

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #1,250 of 6,112
  ...when you think to look up headphones on Craigslist and proceed to feel ill when the results come up

*snip*

Ahahahahahahahaha... sad.

YKYAAW you regularly look up "Sennheiser HE90" on ebay just to look at prices... haha "look at" *sigh*

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,251 of 6,112
Ahahahahahahahaha... sad.

YKYAAW you regularly look up "Sennheiser HE90" on ebay just to look at prices... haha "look at" *sigh*

I does that a lot! Then I calculated how much my gadget worth and is it possible to sell it and buy that... My answer is always negative!

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #1,252 of 6,112
I does that a lot! Then I calculated how much my gadget worth and is it possible to sell it and buy that... My answer is always negative!

Count that and the amp!

YKYAAW part of your weekly savings go to your "Headphone Fund"

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #1,253 of 6,112
If I sell my gear, I could get an sr-007 and use my t1 as amp. Or I could just spend all my money on sr-009

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,254 of 6,112
If I sell my gear, I could get an sr-007 and use my t1 as amp. Or I could just spend all my money on sr-009

What is this T1 that can power an electrostatic? For $2500 I would prefer to own an HD800 + (something different TH600/HE500) than just the SR007

Nov 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,255 of 6,112

YKYAAW you have a "if I sell my gear" but would never actually even dream of doing such a thing.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,257 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have a "if I sell my gear" but would never actually even dream of doing such a thing.

Indeed! I was really thinking of selling one of my pair and. I even let my friend who's note rested in buying it to test them! At the end, still can't let go if it :/

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #1,258 of 6,112

What is this T1 that can power an electrostatic? For $2500 I would prefer to own an HD800 + (something different TH600/HE500) than just the SR007

Stax srm-t1. Pretty similar to srm-006, and doesn't actually work well with sr-007 anyway.. Just spend some hours with my uncles 60-80k speaker rig. I am pretty exhausted -_-

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #1,259 of 6,112
Everynow and then I have a 'what if I sold all my vinyl' moments. I could probably get a LCD2 with amp+DAC to match, and then I remember how much happier I am with my vinyl + cheap TT + SR80i's

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #1,260 of 6,112
Everynow and then I have a 'what if I sold all my vinyl' moments. I could probably get a LCD2 with amp+DAC to match, and then I remember how much happier I am with my vinyl + cheap TT + SR80i's

(YKYAAW) <3 Vinyl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back