You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Sep 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #977 of 6,113
  YKYAA when you know that 32 bit audio offers no advantages over 16 bit audio.  Higher frequency files are debatable but have fun with your 384kHz files.

That stax cake is amazing too.

I'm glad you pointed this out, people who dont know as much about DAC's might have thought that  simply 32/384 is the way to go for more advantages.  In my case its for my own testing and ears-on  experiances. Besides that not only for the resolution mainly for a specific DAC that I want.

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #978 of 6,113

I'm glad you pointed this out, people who dont know as much about DAC's might have thought that  simply 32/384 is the way to go for more advantages.  In my case its for my own testing and ears-on  experiances. Besides that not only for the resolution mainly for a specific DAC that I want.

If it can lock onto 34/384, 16/44.1 should be a doddle right? 
biggrin.gif
  I keed.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #981 of 6,113

You know you're an audiophile when you watch this for fun and smile.
http://blog.shure.com/shure-notes/understanding-earphone-and-headphone-specifications/

That's very informative though.

Mhmm, it's a good general outline of the specifications. Prior to joining Head-Fi, I would know nothing about the specs.

This just in:

I think I should get a 10 W amp to drive my HE-6 because it can use the extra "oomph" to properly "drive" them so that they "sing" or "shine."

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #983 of 6,113

Mhmm, it's a good general outline of the specifications. Prior to joining Head-Fi, I would know nothing about the specs.

This just in:

I think I should get a 10 W amp to drive my HE-6 because it can use the extra "oomph" to properly "drive" them so that they "sing" or "shine."

I think you should.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #985 of 6,113
When people are blasting music through the schiity computer speakers at school and some one says "I can't understand what they're saying, it's too pixilated"

Unrelated, but when you're listening to all the Crosby Stills & Nash you just got in flac and your sister says "It's not even real music!"  (she listens to kesha, dumb ass rappers, and pretty much whatever is popular on the radio) Makes me so sad.

Edit: If you're going to can jam I'm so jealous.  

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #986 of 6,113
  When people are blasting music through the schiity computer speakers at school and some one says "I can't understand what they're saying, it's too pixilated"

Unrelated, but when you're listening to all the Crosby Stills & Nash you just got in flac and your sister says "It's not even real music!"  (she listens to kesha, dumb ass rappers, and pretty much whatever is popular on the radio) Makes me so sad.

Edit: If you're going to can jam I'm so jealous.  

Pixelated sound? lol at least "grainy" could apply to both sound and video.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #987 of 6,113

Pixelated sound? lol at least "grainy" could apply to both sound and video.

The other day my friends and i were passing by a wedding which had some speakers turned up to the highest of high volumes, my friend said "wow those speakers are so loud that they're farting". He meant distortion.
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #989 of 6,113
lol speaker distortion does sound like farting

Indeed! Attended to a picnic last month... Opposite out camp is a school event for kindergarden students. I was blown away by that farting sound! And it lasted for 2-3hours in the morning D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back