You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Sep 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #796 of 6,113
Not at all trying to support Apple but this iOS7 upgrade did not slow down my iPad! It's a little bit laggy on my iPhone thought. But hey! I like the new Music app xD but still no lyrics :frowning2:

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #797 of 6,113
What if... iOS7 is apple's strategy to make people buy the highest end iphone 5s by making the 5 and 4s 'too slow' by giving a more demanding and heavier software. Just like the iphone 5c replacing the iphone 5.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #798 of 6,113
What if... iOS7 is apple's strategy to make people buy the highest end iphone 5s by making the 5 and 4s 'too slow' by giving a more demanding and heavier software. Just like the iphone 5c replacing the iphone 5.

That may or may not be true will have to see, but I believe we all, as a head-fier will be more interested in the DAC and amp chip built in the iPhone 5S/C rather than the speed :D

In fact, iPhone 4's speed is not all that bad till the state that I wanted to dump my phone into the water. I only use it for like 90% music and 10% whatsapp-ing so no big deal there. Nah.. I don't use it to call :cool: but it's also my primary camera when I am traveling xD

Billson :)

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #799 of 6,113
That may or may not be true will have to see, but I believe we all, as a head-fier will be more interested in the DAC and amp chip built in the iPhone 5S/C rather than the speed
biggrin.gif

In fact, iPhone 4's speed is not all that bad till the state that I wanted to dump my phone into the water. I only use it for like 90% music and 10% whatsapp-ing so no big deal there. Nah.. I don't use it to call
cool.gif
but it's also my primary camera when I am traveling xD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

nice lol

just got camera actually :O 

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #800 of 6,113
I like those features too! Easily accessible and it seems like Apple trying to cut down the need of home button! Hopefully next year iPhone and iPad all no longer need the home button and that would be great
biggrin.gif

You know you are an audiophile when you sync your iPad every week just to keep switching the music in it... Yep! 16GB here xD 98% loaded with music (excluding "others")

Both iPhones I've owned so far have had problems with the Home button not responding. If you use it a lot it will get stuck and not respond when you press it. It takes quite a bit of effort to get it unstuck. It's good that I will need to use it less now, so hopefully it won't get stuck as often.

You were always able to do this..

Yes, by doubling clicking the Home button, but see my above comment about it getting stuck.

A lot faster?

I don't notice it being slow with most apps. However when I use the keyboard the keys are not responsive at all.

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #801 of 6,113
Both iPhones I've owned so far have had problems with the Home button not responding. If you use it a lot it will get stuck and not respond when you press it. It takes quite a bit of effort to get it unstuck. It's good that I will need to use it less now, so hopefully it won't get stuck as often.

Yes, by doubling clicking the Home button, but see my above comment about it getting stuck.

I don't notice it being slow with most apps. However when I use the keyboard the keys are not responsive at all.

My key wasn't at all responsive before even at iOS6 that's why I dont use it for surfing unless when neccessary xD[talking about iPhone]

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #803 of 6,113
Wow, I just upgraded to iOS 7. It's pretty dang slow on my device...

One page of apps with no folders. Courtesy of:

Yeah I'm going to use TinyUmbrella to roll back to the more efficient and faster iOS 6.1.3.

iOS 7 has a stupid fade-out effect for the backlight when you press the lock button. It's pretty annoying and just wastes battery. Likewise for when you turn the backlight on. It takes about half a second to get to the actual "swipe to unlock" screen. What

The only good thing about it. NO need to double-press the home button to access media controls. You know you're an audiophile when you hate something and the only thing you like is the music interface.

Still, waste of battery life to just pause/fast forward/rewind your music. Jailbreak + Activator is still way more efficient in this sense and you can access those options any time you have access to the physical volume buttons (always).

^ Pretty? Sure, but if you have long tags, you have to wait for it slowly scroll to see the artist/track/album.

Oh, it's so easy to see how many characters you've typed in your passcode too.

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #804 of 6,113
Yeah, iOS7 feels slow on my 4th Gen iPad too. Apple screwed up. They did some tricks with the animations to make it look more responsive and fast but its really not. Almost like adding treble spikes on a headphone to fake a sense of detail. 

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #805 of 6,113
  Yeah, iOS7 feels slow on my 4th Gen iPad too. Apple screwed up. They did some tricks with the animations to make it look more responsive and fast but its really not. Almost like adding treble spikes on a headphone to fake a sense of detail. 

XD
You know you're an audiophile when you compare the sounds of headphones to software performance, hahaha.

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #809 of 6,113
Haha so I guess I am the only one where who is satisfied with the performance of iOS7! Asked my friend, they are not very much happy with the speed either.

Back on topic!

You know you're an audiophile when you are "physically" watching the performance in your school hall but "mentally" complain how bad is the speaker in your school and find even your $100 worth headphone sound better xD

And

You know you're an audiophile when you heard some students in your school claiming that "Beats have the most natural sound to it and is rated best in the world" and in your mind is like "Please! :p "

Billson xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back