You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Sep 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #781 of 6,113
Naw, full sized headphones are too dangerous for a fight. They'll fall off and get damaged 
rolleyes.gif

Next time try IEMs. 

Sep 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #784 of 6,113
  Naw, full sized headphones are too dangerous for a fight. They'll fall off and get damaged 
rolleyes.gif

Next time try IEMs. 

pff yea if ur a sucky fighter wearing cheap headphones, my Dt 990s are great with some bob and weave action 

as they say "Slide to right. .  Slide to the left. . ." 

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #786 of 6,113
If I update to iOS 7 before a jailbreak gets released, I'll be sure to use this trick to hide 13 useless apps that come pre-installed.

I already use the "folders in Newsstand" trick to hide things in iOS 6. XD

Anywho, you know you're an audiophile when you become sad when your external amp runs out of batteries and you're dissatisfied with the sound coming straight out of the iPhone.

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #787 of 6,113
  If I update to iOS 7 before a jailbreak gets released, I'll be sure to use this trick to hide 13 useless apps that come pre-installed.

I already use the "folders in Newsstand" trick to hide things in iOS 6. XD

Anywho, you know you're an audiophile when you become sad when your external amp runs out of batteries and you're dissatisfied with the sound coming straight out of the iPhone.

ykyaaw you don't even listen to music out of your phone, instead you carry around a big bag with an Hm 801 + an amp q.q, and while we are on the topic ykyaaw you just spent $1500 on near gear and your already planning for your next big purchase list

in case ur curious I get Studen GRANTS... for being smart in High School ALL THOSE YEARS, Got an Audio GD 10ES2 hm801 HE 400 this time around, next spring I'm shootin for a T90 and LDVIII SE [gatta have that balanced TUBE] I'm curious though how a balanced T90 will sound... I might actually get the T90 with mah Tax Money this year, then balance it in the spring depending on how well it does SE out of my Solid State 

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #788 of 6,113
rolleyes.gif

Next time try IEMs. 

Unless you're packing the Beyer DT48...

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #789 of 6,113
The thing I love about iOS 7 is that you can now pause music and/or skip tracks from the lock screen, or by swiping up from any app, instead of having to close whatever app you're using, opening the Music app, and switching back. Not an issue if you're using headphones with a 3-button remote, but for Head-Fiers who use headphones without remote cables and/or use an amp, it's a lifesaver.

I like those features too! Easily accessible and it seems like Apple trying to cut down the need of home button! Hopefully next year iPhone and iPad all no longer need the home button and that would be great :D

YKYAA when you wish you had more than 32Gb on your phone so you could put more ALAC on it...

You know you are an audiophile when you sync your iPad every week just to keep switching the music in it... Yep! 16GB here xD 98% loaded with music (excluding "others")

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #790 of 6,113
  The thing I love about iOS 7 is that you can now pause music and/or skip tracks from the lock screen, or by swiping up from any app, instead of having to close whatever app you're using, opening the Music app, and switching back. Not an issue if you're using headphones with a 3-button remote, but for Head-Fiers who use headphones without remote cables and/or use an amp, it's a lifesaver.

You were always able to do this..

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #791 of 6,113
Jailbreak + Activator = physical media buttons for music control. :D

Hold volume up = skip to next track
Hold volume down = previous track
Press volume up and volume down at the same time = play/pause music

Simple in-pocket controls without the need to waste battery life by turning on the screen and you can do it universally in any app.

Sep 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #792 of 6,113
YKYAAW you spent 1/2 a day finding a way to get your turntable to play out your DAC.

IOS7=better graphics and a lot faster. (Miceblue you would think I would learn to check facts first, I still like the graphics better)

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #793 of 6,113
A lot faster?
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/166884-iphone-5-battery-life-is-significantly-reduced-by-ios-7

Yeah, no I won't be updating to iOS 7.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/new-lease-on-life-or-death-sentence-ios-7-on-the-iphone-4/

ApplicationiOS 6.1.3iOS 7.0 GM
Safari1.13 seconds2.05 seconds
Camera1.9 seconds2.63 seconds
Settings1.31 seconds1.88 seconds
Mail1.0 seconds1.50 seconds
Messages1.57 seconds2.80 seconds
Calendar1.23 seconds1.78 seconds
Phone0.67 seconds2.37 seconds
Cold boot to lock screen31.14 seconds45.13 seconds

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #795 of 6,113
iOS7's upgrade focus was all about being more colourful and looking prettier anyway. (and a few new features)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back