You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Apr 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #4,966 of 6,112

:p YKYAAW you have dedicated controls on your desktop to CONTROL all audio related things!
(Program is called Rainmeter. You must download different skins and modify them to fit your needs! Bit of a learning curve.)

I wish I had the time, patience, and understanding to use Rainmeter. I couldn't figure out how to make anything work, but I absolutely love it. Yours looks awesome.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #4,967 of 6,112
YKYAAW other audiophiles tell you they wish they were you. (You know who you are!
biggrin.gif
)

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #4,968 of 6,112
  YKYAAW other audiophiles tell you they wish they were you. (You know who you are!
biggrin.gif
)

blink.gif
 I wonder who it could be...

Throw in a free HE-400i with my next purchase of CDs maybe?

YKYYAAW you wish your brother would go out of your room, not because he's annoying you, but because you want to listen to music in silence

YKYAAW you use your trackpad instead of your mouse because it's quieter and doesn't interrupt your music

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #4,969 of 6,112
YKYAAW you use your trackpad instead of your mouse because it's quieter and doesn't interrupt your music

Even with open headphones, I can't hear a darn thing in terms of environmental noise when music is playing, except really loud things like trucks and door knocks. I can't imagine being able to hear a mouse clicking while playing music.

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #4,970 of 6,112

Even with open headphones, I can't hear a darn thing in terms of environmental noise when music is playing, except really loud things like trucks and door knocks. I can't imagine being able to hear a mouse clicking while playing music.

It was a very soft song- "New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel. My SRH440 is closed back but it really doesn't block out much. 

YKYAAW your mom is looking for headphones, and you get her the Koss ones at Walmart

They aren't really good-sounding, but they're neutral, not bass-cannons, and they're $5.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #4,971 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have a hyper-realistic listening session...and can't explain why it sounds so much better, because nothing has changed from before! Maybe it's because I'm listening late at night with my second soda of the day and my brain is more alert. Who knows...but it's awesome!

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #4,973 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you have a hyper-realistic listening session...and can't explain why it sounds so much better, because nothing has changed from before! Maybe it's because I'm listening late at night with my second soda of the day and my brain is more alert. Who knows...but it's awesome!

That feeling when it's quiet, you're all alone, all you hear is the music, and it sounds literally perfect

Gotten that a couple times; April vacation is next week, I'll be home alone for much of the day, maybe I can do a whole bunch of listening in perfect silence.

YKYAAW you switch the place of your Xbox and TV in your room in order to have your speakers and record player in a more prominent position.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #4,975 of 6,112
It's great being young... :D

You're in 8th grade I assume? I had plenty of free time back then. Just two years later and I'm stuck doing homework all night. I do plan to try and do some stuff with my computer over break, and hopefully get ahead on homework so I won't have as much when I come back.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #4,976 of 6,112
  That feeling when it's quiet, you're all alone, all you hear is the music, and it sounds literally perfect

Gotten that a couple times; April vacation is next week, I'll be home alone for much of the day, maybe I can do a whole bunch of listening in perfect silence.

Well, it was during the night and I was alone, but there wasn't any less noise than in the day, for the most part. It was probably just my brain. lol

It's great being young...
biggrin.gif

You're in 8th grade I assume? I had plenty of free time back then. Just two years later and I'm stuck doing homework all night. I do plan to try and do some stuff with my computer over break, and hopefully get ahead on homework so I won't have as much when I come back.

You guys are making me feel so old. I turn 28 next month.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #4,977 of 6,112

Imagine how I feel, I'm 43, probably older than their dads. On the plus side, my GF is 24. As she likes to put it "You're not just older than me you're a whole adult person   older" 
mad.gif

YKYAAW You're NEVER 100% happy with the sound you have

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #4,978 of 6,112

Well, it was during the night and I was alone, but there wasn't any less noise than in the day, for the most part. It was probably just my brain. lol

Listening during the night is great. Things seem more calm, it's a better environment.
I'll be 16 at the end of the month. 
blink.gif
 Pretty crazy to me.  It also means I'll likely get a job this summer,  which means more money for audio gear or CDs and stuff.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #4,979 of 6,112
    Imagine how I feel, I'm 43, probably older than their dads. On the plus side, my GF is 24. As she likes to put it "You're not just older than me you're a whole adult person   older" 
mad.gif

Niiice.

YKYAAW you fantasize about having a Playboy-style mansion with all these supermodels...and then convincing them all to become audiophiles. lol

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #4,980 of 6,112
  Listening during the night is great. Things seem more calm, it's a better environment.
I'll be 16 at the end of the month. 
blink.gif
 Pretty crazy to me.  It also means I'll likely get a job this summer,  which means more money for audio gear or CDs and stuff.

You'll be surprised how fast your personal time-scale accelerates in the next decade or so, and you end up watching the obituary columns for all the people you idolised when you were growing up. Not that I'm bringing you down or anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back