You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Feb 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #4,576 of 6,113

I will receive the Focal Spirit Professional in a few hours. I'm pretty sure it will end up being my favorite. (Some people like it more than the four figure flagships!)

Look at my signature. "90% audiophile, 10% basshead." Most of the time, I want to reproduce the recording accurately, but other times (particularly with electronic music), I want to crank the bass. I also like all kinds of other sound signatures, but I want it to sound realistic above all.

In a few hours?? Early congrats :D!! 

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #4,578 of 6,113
Sneak peak at soon-to-come domination!

Just received the Focal Spirit Professional! Haven't listened to it yet. I'm going to eat and get my energy drink ready, so I'm pumped up and energized during the first listening session. I'm wearing them right now. They fit fine. The snug fit is oddly comfortable. No major comfort issues for me! Thank goodness. They are still totally over-ear. I was a little worried before buying them, since many people with larger ears have had problems.

The Focal Spirit Professional is near-perfect. No joke. Full-length review coming soon. Stay tuned...

@skerry2006aj
You mentioned that you were looking for a portable closed-back flagship headphone. While the Spirit Pro is only $349, it is very portable and some people like it even more than the four figure flagships. Well worth hearing for yourself. Then again, the Ultrasone Signature PRO (which I believe you've heard...?) should be better overall, albeit not as neutral.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #4,580 of 6,113
Ykyaaw your day is ruined by your arrival home finding a little pink slip labeled USPS. On Saturday...

YKYAAW your day is brightened by the purchase of CDs, from Music Alchemist! 

Also got three CDs from a local store earlier in the day.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #4,582 of 6,113

YKYAAW you can't send said CDs out until the funds transfer to your bank account, because you already spent all the money you had on audio gear! XD

As replacement for my time lost, I demand that you include the headphones that made me have to wait an excruciating 2 days! 
biggrin.gif

Alchemist has cool CDs and is awesome to work with (plus has good prices). Buy from him!*

*May be useless because only me and Alchemist read this thread 
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #4,583 of 6,113
YKYAAW you just got a new phone and use it as an excuse to look at portable DAC/amps

YKYAAW you debate upon whether to spend your money on CDs or audio gear

I want that E07k... but I also want those CDs 
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #4,586 of 6,113
YKYAAW you are one of the few people who stays on this thread and just know that our little club of frequent posters drove away everyone else.
tongue.gif

YKYAAW you just got a new phone and use it as an excuse to look at portable DAC/amps

YKYAAW you debate upon whether to spend your money on CDs or audio gear

I want that E07k... but I also want those CDs 
tongue.gif

YKYAAW you know that amps are almost always unnecessary, and even 300 ohm headphones can still sound good without one.

subliminal message beamed directly into TRapz's brain: buy more Music Alchemist CDs...buy more Music Alchemist CDs...lol

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #4,589 of 6,113
You really need to start reading people's signatures. I have some hardcore, etc., but haven't finished compiling the full list of albums.

Was I able to see most of the list? If not, maybe I'll find some more I want once I get some more money XD

YKYAAW you use all your mobile data to go on Head-Fi

YKYAAW you judge the audio in the car from the radio
"Sugar" didn't sound that bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back