You know it's time to move when...
Oct 16, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i cannot take credit for that masterpiece of humor, though i may really like to. i didn't make it, just posted the link i found to it.

That's O.K grinch, your still a genius for posting it.

Oct 16, 2003 at 7:20 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
I think maybe all you Cubs fans need to get a dose of reality and start blaming your team for choking in a big way. The guy got in the way of one catch. The Marlins scored EIGHT runs, do the math. The Cubs had the Marlins on the ropes and blew it.
Who are you guys going to blame for last night? The best team one. Go Marlins!! Go Yankees!!

What a "sore winner" comment.

The better team did win that series. The Marlins have better team speed, better defense, and better relief pitching. They won more games in a better division, too.

That doesn't mean Cubs fans can't be bitter. It's called disappointment. Talk to us about disappointment when your team hasn't been to the WS since 1945 and hasn't won it since 1908. Being a Yankees fan is easier than liking puppies. There's no effort needed. When they have trouble they just buy more players. And being a Marlins fan? Wow, they've only been around about 6 or 7 years and they've already won a WS and are on the way to a second one. Real tough to root for those guys.

Try being a fan of a teams like the Cubs, and then watch them get five outs away from finally making it to the series, and blow it. Do I really believe that guy lost the series for us? No. But that play and Alex Gonzalez' error cost us Game 6.

If you're a real fan of the game you know that the difference between no runs and eight runs can actually be decided on one or two plays, and that game was a perfect example.

Oct 16, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #33 of 40
Crybaby

Oct 16, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #34 of 40
I would have loved to see the Cubs win and go on to the world Series. Baseball fans here have suffered a very long time. Us hockey fans are not too far behind but at least the Blackhawks have won in my lifetime.

The fans that blame that poor kid for just doing what anyone else would do are acting the same way they probably do in real life. When they don't get a promotion blame someone else, when the car breaks look for a mechanic to blame, when the wife leaves you it must be her fault never you. The Cubs played those last 3 games no one else and when it comes right down to it it was the Cubs that could not get the job done. They are paid a lot of money to play baseball and when the game was on the line they did not perform.

One foul ball did not walk all those batters or give up home runs or fail to hit with runners in scoring position. All the blame is on the players and to think any differently is just wrong.

Oct 16, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Crybaby

confused.gif

First you come in like a sore winner and start ranting at disappointed Cubs fans. Then when someone calls you on it, you start calling them names. The irony is that I even had the decency to say that the Marlins were the better team (making your comment look pretty ridiculous).

Real classy fan you are. A bandwagoner, too, I bet.
rolleyes.gif
Maybe you should find another thread to crap on.

Oct 16, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #36 of 40
O.K. lets talk facts and then you can decide why the Cubs lost the series. Up 3 games to one with 2 out of 3 games left at home if needed. There best pitchers there if needed. They loose three in a row by a total of 20-9(including one shutout) and you complain that a fan interfering with a foul ball is the reason the Cubs aren't going to the world series? You need to quit your whining and realize that the Marlins won because they didn't quit trying to win. I don't think I'm being a poor winner, I didn't win anything. I do no why the Cubs lost though, its because they couldn't put the Marlins away. The thread should be about the Cubs choking not some guy trying to catch a foul ball during the playoffs. Go Yankees.

Oct 16, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #37 of 40
How many times have you seen the outcome of a game turn on one play? How many times have athletes and game commentators talk/write about the outcome of a game turning on one play? Lots of times. This "kid" is a 26 year old man and ********-up big time, especially since he was probably listening to the game on a radio (notice the headphones) and knew Alou was trying to make a play on the ball. I've seen lots of times where the home team fans helped/got out of the way so the home team could make a play in the stands and then turn around and impede a play by the visiting team. This time it was a home town fan impeding his own team on a game turning play - simple as that.

Oct 17, 2003 at 1:45 AM Post #39 of 40
As a long suffering Giants fan, I can 'somewhat' relate to the Cubs fans.

I do respect the fact that the Cubs are not blaming anyone but themselves for the loss. I respect those who are accountable.

After the fan interference, the Cubs had numerous opportunities to win the series (error, game 7). Just like a bad call from the ump or some other weird play, the good teams will overcome them.

If that play caused the Cubs to lose, then they had a very very thin margin for error.

Misery loves company.

Oct 17, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

and you complain that a fan interfering with a foul ball is the reason the Cubs aren't going to the world series? You need to quit your whining and realize that the Marlins won because they didn't quit trying to win

Did you even READ the posts in this thread before you started lecturing people, calling people names, and misrepresenting what people have said?

Here's what I said:

Quote:

The better team did win that series. The Marlins have better team speed, better defense, and better relief pitching. They won more games in a better division, too.

and this one:

Quote:

Do I really believe that guy lost the series for us? No.

For some reason, I don't expect a retraction or an apology.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back