You guys (AND ESPECIALLY JUDE!!) have to read this!
Oct 31, 2001 at 2:12 PM Post #46 of 51
Maby we could get a semiconductor manufacture to make some Ic's and transistors out of that Sand... LOL just think what the marketing people would do with that.

Oct 31, 2001 at 2:37 PM Post #47 of 51
I agree with some of the people over at AudioAsylum that this article was very poorly written, biased, and simply tried to make readers feel superior to the "crazy" man written about.

With the emphasis on obscure tweaks and mind-bending sums of money, it sounds like if you don't spend $100,000 on your system and worry about refrigerator noise, you can't be an audiophile. Though it may be mildly entertaining for a while, I think ultimately that it does damage to the community. It's cheap, sensationalistic tripe.

Oct 31, 2001 at 2:46 PM Post #48 of 51
November's Stereophile has a good take on the article.

Actually, it's nice to see an older person with a pursuit that will keep him happy, even if it makes him poor. We should be so lucky. Wait, I think some equipment is arriving in my mailbox...

Oct 31, 2001 at 10:01 PM Post #49 of 51
If the article had been about a reasonably well-off, single professional man whose hobby was sailing and who had spent $140,000 on a boat, nobody would think it even worth a mention.

Ross

Nov 2, 2001 at 4:48 AM Post #50 of 51
I'm sorry, but this is priceless
biggrin.gif

Quote:

And in the middle of the interview, he suddenly announces that CDs are harmful to people.

Harmful? As in physical harm?

"Yes, they adversely affect humans," he says.

How so?

"I can't really go into it," he says. "We'll have a press conference about it soon."

They make Mark Levinson sound like some sort of UFO nut...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back