You get immersed in the music easier with...
Oct 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 33
I suppose I listen at medium volume. Got any suggested decibel ranges for these terms?

Too quiet and obviously detail goes out the window. Too loud and everything sounds too thick to me. It's also not safe and gives me a headache.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 33

Quote:
I suppose I listen at medium volume. Got any suggested decibel ranges for these terms?

Too quiet and obviously detail goes out the window. Too loud and everything sounds too thick to me. It's also not safe and gives me a headache.

I'd say low volume is 74db and lower, medium volume is 75db to 87db and loud is 88db and higher...

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #6 of 33
Alcohol... but no, really, what? Haha

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #7 of 33
 I  can't listen on high volumes with Grados... Ouch. Kind of hot treble, too loud and it gets fatiguing.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 33
Loud volumes, short listening periods, with my SR60. 

Brings out the edge in electric guitar. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #11 of 33

Quote:
With the cat on my lap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mai Tai in your lap and a mai tai in the hand......  what a double,,!!!!

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #12 of 33
Sadly, Mai Tai was abducted by my parents.

My mother fell hard for Mai Tai. Mom had her knee replaced a few months ago and asked for Mai Tai to keep her company. How could I refuse? Long story short, Mai Tai now lives with them. It's not bad. My father has four different beds for her, she gets loads of attention, gets handled by a vet daily (the neighbors are married vets, and they adore her), and much else. Mai Tai is enjoying life. Though I miss her, I see her every few weeks.

My time is spent with Birdie, the gray tabby with big, gold eyes. Someone threw her out in the same alley I found Mai Tai in. Birdie squeaks and chirps like a bird, hence her name. Birdie is also a real sweetie. She drapes herself over my lap and loves to be petted. A big love and Birdie deserves the love. Admittedly, Birdie has only one bed and not as many dinner leftovers, but she is hardly suffering. Right now, Birdie is upsidedown to my left on the sofa. I'm giving her bellyrubs. In an hour or so, Birdie will be asleep over my legs.

So while I wish Mai Tai was around, she is hideously spoiled. Another poor wretch is stretched out next to me, purring. :)

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #13 of 33
Medium volume + pitch black room.
cool.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #15 of 33

Quote:
+ lying down on the bed with eyes closed

Oh, this too.

On that note, every Halloween I bust out Alan Parsons Project's Tales of Mystery and Imagination, turn the lights off, lie on my bed, and listen to it. It's pretty awesome.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back