You DON'T NEED Vista NOW... Why?
Aug 10, 2007 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

d.phens

100+ Head-Fier
Aug 10, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #2 of 83
Vista = the next Windows ME

i mean shoot, microsoft already announced vista's successor
plainface.gif

too bad there isn't much of a choice for DX10 gamers (as far as i know... there could be some form of DX10 for XP i thought i read that but not really sure... doubtful)

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 83
True! I don't need Vista at all...
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #4 of 83
Maybe I should be finally happy now. I've made a thread where everyone aggrees with me :p

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 83
C2D E6600
2GB of RAM
7600GT

Running Vista Ultimate x64 with virtually no problems. Of course every new OS has to be a bit rough, but hey, running things like CS3, games, Office 2007 ...it's a breeze.

Vista needs AT LEAST 2 gigs to make it run smoothly. Time for some of you to stock up on that, and maybe a processor too. I recently saw an eMachine advertised with Vista on a configuration that was dated for the last decade...no hope for that poor buyer.
blink.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Microsoft are a disgrace. The latest version of Word took about 10 minutes to load for me. A word processor! It was like going back to the Spectrum.

Maybe something is wrong specifically with your computer and it's not all Microsoft's fault for a change? I'm running Vista and Microsoft Word loads up in less than 10 seconds.

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #9 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe something is wrong specifically with your computer and it's not all Microsoft's fault for a change? I'm running Vista and Microsoft Word loads up in less than 10 seconds.

I just tried Office Word 2007; boot up was a second for a clean document. Choosing a college essay paper took a hair longer than a second to boot.

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C2D E6600
2GB of RAM
7600GT

Running Vista Ultimate x64 with virtually no problems. Of course every new OS has to be a bit rough, but hey, running things like CS3, games, Office 2007 ...it's a breeze.

Vista needs AT LEAST 2 gigs to make it run smoothly. Time for some of you to stock up on that, and maybe a processor too. I recently saw an eMachine advertised with Vista on a configuration that was dated for the last decade...no hope for that poor buyer.
blink.gif

yep... i definitely have the specs to run vista and have a clean install with no problems at all (opty 165 @ 2.7ghz, 7900GT @ 650/1750, 2GB g.skill HZ, DFI SLI-DR Expert, blah blah blah). i don't mind it really... but i don't think it's going to be a big hit. and i also don't see anything spectacular about it that warrants switching away from XP SP2. not until dx10 at least (i hope)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QFT. although sometimes i found that vista installs can be quirky and are really hit or miss. it took me a couple reinstalls to get a good, fully functional OS

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #11 of 83
Well if you're all happy then I'm happy, but my point is that why should you need such powerful machines to run such simple programs? If it was games or running Nasa then I would understand, but Microsoft seems to stuff it's programs with features that people don't need.

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #13 of 83
I do not see any functionality in vista that I'm missing in XP, so why spent money just to slow down my PC? Gotta admit though, I like the looks, but not enough to sway me over.

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #15 of 83
I think Vista is great OS. Since i have it everything works smoot, quick & very stable. Works just great with no errors or BSOD. But you need a quite powerfull pc for Vista to run really great. I owned Xp Pro for years & i really liked it. But Vista is just better with everything. I think its very good OS. And i think that with first service pack it will be even better.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back