You decide what i buy !!
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

epcortek

New Head-Fier
I need a set of headphones. You to decide what ill end up buying!!!
But first read my requirements.

Heres what i need from your headphone picks.

I need Bass bass bass..
I need 1000$ or less for the set..
I need detachable cables..

I look forward to your picks
atsmile.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by epcortek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need Bass bass bass..
I need 1000$ or less for the set..

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro with Graham Slee Solo amp is like two subwoofers on your ears.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #8 of 33
Alright, let's trot out the requisite questions...

1) What is your source? ipod, computer, medical tubing attached to a grammophone, what?

2) Do you own a headphone amp you will plug these into?

3) do you need them to be portable?

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 33
Lose the 'detachable cable requirement' and you'll have a lot more choices. It narrows down your choices and 1000$ is a lot of money. If you do want a detachable cable however the HD650 might be for you. Get yourself a nice source and amp with them and you're all set.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Proline 900, HD650 with an amp so your total is 1K (assuming you have a good source), HD 25-II or UE's SF5 EB (in ear). Also Beyer DT-150 (I'd have to look to see if mine has a detachable cable).

The DT150 has a detachable cable.
And it's a great headphone as well.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, let's trot out the requisite questions...

1) What is your source? ipod, computer, medical tubing attached to a grammophone, what?

2) Do you own a headphone amp you will plug these into?

3) do you need them to be portable?

My source, Sony vaio AW120D
biggrin.gif
33788_l.jpg

I Have no Amp
ksc75smile.gif

Portability is not needed
ksc75smile.gif

But yeah i need detachable cables , or a headphone that someone sells a mod to make the cable detachable..But if there is some detachable mod, it has to look very much stock, and clean.

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #12 of 33
Buy a couple Numark PHX headphones. Choose one or two of them with good L/R balance. Send the others back for a refund. Best low end at moderate volumes of any headphone I've ever used. And best "nightclub-like" midrange when running at "nightclub-like" volumes. 3 different cords, 2 different pads. Spend the rest of your money an a very quiet, high quality amp and source gear/music.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by epcortek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Detachable cables is a must. I have a pair of AKG 701's and after 3days i already have to recable the connection ....Owwwww that makes me mad.

Good reason to upgrade the cable. See if they can do the K702 cable connections and direct feed both sides.

Nov 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good reason to upgrade the cable. See if they can do the K702 cable connections and direct feed both sides.

Im going to get ahold of akg and see if thats possible

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #15 of 33
akg won't do that, look at some of the head-fi sponsors like apuresound.com, maybe Headphile.com/ALOaudio.com (? mail them) or search google for akg recable.
don't think they will give you the bassbassbass though.

from own experience (using now): HD650 with GS Solo gives you good solid bass and has the recable option.
Using SR325 is less 'boomy' but a lot tighter and seems to go lower. (but no detachable cable)
GS Solo should also be fine with your AKG in case you get them fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back