You Couldn't Make It Up: Unicef bombs the Smurfs in fund-raising campaign for ex-chi
Oct 14, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 20
I've been saying all along that we needed to nuke the whales.

UNICEF took it one step further and nuked the smurfs!
blink.gif

-Matt

Oct 15, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #17 of 20
I never laughed so hard- it’s the stupidest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Burned Mutilated Smurfs- I’ve wanted to do that for years. I wish they’d made the R rated version. I’d of bought that one for the laughs.

Maybe the Smurfs will make a cameo appearance in Quake 4? I’d love to frag the little buggers myself.

Mitch

Oct 15, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

"offensive" is frequently but a synonym for "unusual"

rolleyes.gif

Oct 15, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Maybe the Smurfs will make a cameo appearance in Quake 4? I’d love to frag the little buggers myself.

Don't worry, someone will make a mod soon enough. Afterall, they did make Barney the purple dinosaur mods for Doom 1&2. God I loved fragging him with the rocket launcher...

Oct 15, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
Don't worry, someone will make a mod soon enough. Afterall, they did make Barney the purple dinosaur mods for Doom 1&2. God I loved fragging him with the rocket launcher...

I need to find those just for some laughs. That fat purple beast annoyed the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Now the smurfs are a different story. I liked them when I was a little kid. UNICEF is probably trying to make the point of how war ruins the innocence of children and their traditional advertising apparently didn't do that. By presenting an image of an innocent childhood cartoon that generations can relate to, and then showing it destroyed in a horrific manner, they are trying to get people to realize that this kind of stuff exists beyond the limits of your TV tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back