YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!
Sep 10, 2007 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

andrewx490

100+ Head-Fier
The cord on my MS1 is broken, yet again. How could this happen twice? I treat it nice, yet it feels compelled to be lazy and not play music in both earcups. My source is fine. I'm 100% sure it's a problem with the headphones. My problem: I dont have the original receipt or really any proof of purchase anymore. I bought these in february or march of 2007 so the warranty is good. I dont have the receipts or proof of purchase because i sent them in the first time i got them serviced. What do i do?

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 15
getting them recabled is not that expensive either and will improve the sound

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
getting them recabled is not that expensive either and will improve the sound

evil. just plain evil.
evil_smiley.gif

try emailing them?

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 15
I sent mine in without the receipt to Grado to get repaired. Sent them the 27th or 28th of August. I have not got them back yet. Where did you send yours to get repaired?

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 15
umm. the first time i sent mine to grado also. there's an old thread i made when those broke and i basically did what they told me to do. if you search for it i'm sure you'll find it. i think it took a month for mine to come back.

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 15
WOW, that sucks to take a month to repair my MS-1's. It took 3 emails to get contact with Grado Labs and then I did not get a update. This is what I got:
Will be returned as soon as they are repaired.
Thanks.

Regards,
Grado Labs

Did you get this message?

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #7 of 15
A month? That sounds like pretty poor customer service to me. When I had a problem with my Ultimate Ears Super.Fi, I sent it out, and within 3 days I had a brand new replacement. That's because I live in California, too, but even if I lived in New York then it would have taken 6 or 7 days. A month is unacceptable.

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #8 of 15
I didn't know John McEnroe is an MS-1 user...
wink.gif

Since you've sent this exact pair of MS-1s to Grado before, they will have a record of the servicing done. My guess is you don't have to provide proof of purchase again. It would help if you can show them any documents from the previous servicing done.

Sep 10, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #9 of 15
same here it took my ms1 a month to get repaired from a broken left driver. I shipped them june 6, they received it june 25. ship them back august 1 and at august 15 i got them back... i returned them without the receipt since i bought them from another head-fier.. no fees where collected...

Sep 10, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
same here it took my ms1 a month to get repaired from a broken left driver. I shipped them june 6, they received it june 25. ship them back august 1 and at august 15 i got them back... i returned them without the receipt since i bought them from another head-fier.. no fees where collected...

so they took from June 25-August 1 to fix 'em and ship them out again... not that bad I would say. The very slow shipping is hardly their fault (as shipping from you to them took 20 days as well)

Sep 10, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #12 of 15
At the risk of stating the obvious, when sending in proof of purchase for warranty work, you send a copy, not the original, which stays securely in your files. Any documentation that you send to a manufacturer is usually not going to come back to you, and will frequently wind up in a circular file cabinet.

That said, simply send them back and explain the situation. They can research their repair records (you do have a copy of repair invoice, sent back with the repair, showing no charge)? If yes, send a copy of that.

I would not waste time on the phone. Send them in with a simple, politely worded explanation, and any documentation that you've kept.

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #13 of 15
I know it's been a year for my MS2i and a year and a half since I got my MS-1; but I really don't recall getting anything to prove that I bought them or when.
plainface.gif

I did manage to retain my e-mail replies stating that I had made the orders, I think they're around here someplace; but that's about it.

....at my age I can be expected to be forgetful!
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW, that sucks to take a month to repair my MS-1's. It took 3 emails to get contact with Grado Labs and then I did not get a update. This is what I got:
Will be returned as soon as they are repaired.
Thanks.

Regards,
Grado Labs

Did you get this message?

that looks like sloppy service,i only emailed shure a question about the earphones and they sent me a 2 page reply and some free medium sized black foams,amazing how customer service can be with some high end manufacturers

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 15
I'd rather get a concise response from someone who is busy than a two page document from someone standing around watching for e-mails on the payroll who has nothing better to do.

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back