YOU are the reason I can't buy my 26" widescreen
Sep 1, 2006 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jerome829

100+ Head-Fier
It's what I wanted to really start saving for.

$400 after taxes, no biggie. Just to replace my dinky 19" 5+ year old TV in my bedroom.

But nooo... first a pair of headphones (MDR-7506s), then a soundcard (E-MU 0404), now a CMOY (just got one off eBay) (all in the same week!) and hoping soon to get my hands on a PA2V2 or Go-Vibe 5... not a huge amount of money but I could've used it to save for my TV!

Thanks head-fi. =P

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 25
Thats what happends when you start hanging around in the Head-fi forum.
wink.gif

Sorry for your wallet!

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 25
I use to want movies, a projector, a TV, dish network and all that other stuff...
now, i don't care... all my gear (outside of school related stuff) is now audio... seriously, and i couldn't be happier
600smile.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 25
At least in my experience, the 7506's don't see much of an improvement when amped. So if you want to get the most out of that CMoy, you should upgrade those cans ($$$). But then a mere CMoy won't do them justice, so you'll have to upgrade your amp ($$$). Don't forget a good, high quality interconnect ($$$). And always remember, source first ($$$)...

I only speak the truth. Sad but true.

Sep 1, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 25
rofl, screw you all, i just wanted something a little better than my crappy onboard sound =P

other hobbies before signing onto this site were:

building computers (athlon 64 3700+, 1gb ddr, 700gb hdd, 19" widescreen monitor)
converting movies to divx, setting things up for my xbmc!
wink.gif

working on my car
saving money for a vespa (yeah, yeah, flame me all you want)

anyway. done venting =P

now i want a 2gb sansa mp3 player and yes, probably better headphones... bastards!

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
At least in my experience, the 7506's don't see much of an improvement when amped. So if you want to get the most out of that CMoy, you should upgrade those cans ($$$). But then a mere CMoy won't do them justice, so you'll have to upgrade your amp ($$$). Don't forget a good, high quality interconnect ($$$). And always remember, source first ($$$)...

I only speak the truth. Sad but true.

Yeah, they really don't for some reason.

I would recommend you upgrade to the K1000's instead.

Sep 2, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 25
My advice is, once you reach a point where you're happy, stop visiting head-fi. Or at least the headphone forums. I found this really helped me to spend money on other things... spread the dough around, and soforth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back