Yo-yos, because there isn't a thread about them
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #16 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to bind.
See here : Bind - YoYo Wiki

Odd, I never had a problem getting mine to return in the conventional manner. Very rarely was I not able to flick it up normally. I was still able to do tricks for a good length of time, too.

This brings back a lot of memories. In high school, yo-yos suddenly became very popular and most kids were using yomegas.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #19 of 95
YAY! Finally one of these.
I'm on a few yoyo forums.
Check out theyo.com forums, and their store (theyostore) is the best place for this stuff.
Yomega is generally bad, and the best duncan is considered to be the FHZ. (But not unless you sili recess it. )
for a beginner... YYfs velocity is great.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #20 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Odd, I never had a problem getting mine to return in the conventional manner. Very rarely was I not able to flick it up normally. I was still able to do tricks for a good length of time, too.

This brings back a lot of memories. In high school, yo-yos suddenly became very popular and most kids were using yomegas.

And that's because most modern yoyos are unresponsive, meaning you can tug them up to the ceiling and they won't return. They need a bind. Or else a lot of the tricks we do would smack your hands, unless we did them super smoothly.

And I'd avoid henry's, if I were you. Really old stuff. Good when they were new, but... tons of stuff has changed since then. And YYF's pretty much been dominating the plastic and metal market, as far as affordable stuff goes.

Here's a vid aadfisherman posted on there from his meet.
Just a bunch of random people yoyoing.
Link.

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #23 of 95
Cool. I think the Speeder is a speedmaker with metal rims.
Speeder2.gif

I'll get this.

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #25 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. I think the Speeder is a speedmaker with metal rims.
[/IMG]
I'll get this.

material's different. speedmaker's celcon through and through,
and yes, YYJ is good. But the speeder really isn't a good beginner yoyo, and the velocity, lyn fury, kickside, and speedmaker are. (you can take the sidecaps out so they don't look so... )

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #26 of 95
Well, in that case I'll get a YYJ Journey, instead of a speedmaker, AND a Speeder. I'll keep the one I prefer and attempt to sell the other here, and then on eBay.
Thanks guys, I would've been confused without your tips.
LOL yo-yo help on an audio forum...how obsurd
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #29 of 95
I have no idea what that's from iriverdude, but I'm gonna try and find that metal ipod. That's either clear or a sweet mirror finish, I'm guessing the latter.

*edit* Found it...$99 :O ...seems like an old one too. I don't like the idea of buying old tech.

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #30 of 95
I used to do work in San Francisco in the 90's and there was this juggling
store on the pier called Capitol Juggling and I got an SB2 from them.
Well after that I found out that Dr Kuhn had a store in SF so I used to
go right to the store and buy his yoyos. The wood ones are beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back