YinLvMei W1 Windows 10 AK4499 Transportable DAP
Sep 7, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #31 of 165
On my suggestion, a friend (with a lot of disposable income) purchased a Yinlumei M400. He left it with me to break in. I'll write a review. It's pretty amazing sounding. Definitely great at its price point. It also has the dual 4499 chips and over 8 volts output balanced. Construction is so-so, but I think that the engineers are on to something.

Sep 7, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #32 of 165
On my suggestion, a friend (with a lot of disposable income) purchased a Yinlumei M400. He left it with me to break in. I'll write a review. It's pretty amazing sounding. Definitely great at its price point. It also has the dual 4499 chips and over 8 volts output balanced. Construction is so-so, but I think that the engineers are on to something.

Yes their gear is innovative and sounds great, they just to up the outer design/build and they can compete with more well know manufacturers.

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #35 of 165
This looks amazing, but there's no way I'll be spending that much just to find out.
I really like the idea of a tablet-sized DAP running Windows 10.
Did they do any sort of modification to the Windows 10 audio processing system? (I've seen people say Win 10 audio is bad, some say its no different than using WASAPI/ASIO).

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #36 of 165
Well, the reason why anyone would be spending at all .... is the customer supports, just in case for repairs, or warranty issues.

Even my phones is nowadays an Apple, just because of how easy it is to deal with when I need something. it isn’t like I need it all the time, but if for trade in purposes, I can walk in and trade it any times. I can also have the batteries swap out as easy as that. Also can work out the firmware glitches and bugs just like that.

I don’t see these devices being sold as well and at this price when the customer services are virtually a “Zero”, period. Especially, in the days and ages, where a new DAP or smartphones are released every other months or 1 a year from the same brand...dealing with dealers who would take as long as 3-5 months to repair your player ? That is ridiculous LOL!!

In the end, I am interested in this player for sure. But for now, I will just keep a look out to see how it goes.

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #37 of 165

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #40 of 165
Crazy price, for a new company, with no service support. Especially a windows based product. The specs are amazing though.
Yinlumei is not that new company:) And they have a service support, though, it is not international and has a room for improvement too:)

Sep 20, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #41 of 165
It also has the dual 4499 chips and over 8 volts output balanced. Construction is so-so, but I think that the engineers are on to something.
Actually, M400 has a single AKM 4499 DAC chip. But I think, with 4 channels per DAC chip it's pretty enough for a portable gear:)
By the way, a Bluetooth-enabled M400Plus model with wireless charging and improved case, and circuitry has arrived!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #43 of 165
Given how good the YLM A2 sounds, there's every chance the W1 will too. Kind of a niche product, equally unique and potentially useful to some, last price I heard of was sub $1800. As for service and support likely offered via the third party supplier as far as I know YLM doesn't sell directly outside of China.

Also worth noting;
Memory expansion - Each of the 3 TF card slots supports 1TB, and the USB interface expansion is unlimited, including hard drives. Something no other portable has to my knowledge.

Q-6

Dec 5, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #45 of 165
Madness strikes again. I mean, the thirst for experimentation in engineering: meet the most compact Intel Atom-based DAP running Windows 10 (at least, by YinLvMei) - W0
Looks like the W1 (which we even haven't tasted yet) smaller brother built on double AKM 4462 DACs. Hell knows what to expect from this device...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back