YinLvMei W1 Windows 10 AK4499 Transportable DAP
Dec 5, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #46 of 165
These would be perfect to run Aideze on for their windows Reveal DSP.

Jan 30, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #51 of 165
I am interested to see what you would do toward the WindowsOS on that thing. Are you going to install Fidelizer ? LOL??? Jk

Frankly, I don't know. :p I am interested in installing the FabFilter EQ 3 VST with some media player like foobar or JRiver but I am not sure if the CPU power would be enough for that, What is crazy is, it has dual 7000 mAh batteries and play time is 4 to 6 hours. In the description they have "dual 4499 full firepower" so they fully utilize the DACs, as I understand. There are no reviews, not even in Chinese. What could that mean? I don't know. We will see...

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #52 of 165
Frankly, I don't know. :p I am interested in installing the FabFilter EQ 3 VST with some media player like foobar or JRiver but I am not sure if the CPU power would be enough for that, What is crazy is, it has dual 7000 mAh batteries and play time is 4 to 6 hours. In the description they have "dual 4499 full firepower" so they fully utilize the DACs, as I understand. There are no reviews, not even in Chinese. What could that mean? I don't know. We will see...
Don't know about Jriver, but Foobar2000 is definitely one of the lightest players for Windows in terms of CPU power and RAM consumption. Granted you run it without lots of additional effects/filters/converters in the output signal chain. However, I could not manage to make it play DSD smoothly and without artifacts with my YinLvMei A2 connected to PC in a DAC mode: the sound was slowed down or full of hissing and cracks. Notwithstanding the fact that the CPU power used by Foobar2000 was reported to be at less than 10% rate by the task manager and the RAM usage was also miniscule. Though I experienced zero issues with PCM on Foobar.
However, W1 is another device and has another USB chip, so there should be no such problem with DSD playback in Foobar on it, I think. But just as an alternative, you can try APlayer (Album Player) free and compact software player, which does not require installation and which works flawlessly for any content playback (including DSD) in bit-perfect mode with my A2 DAP in a DAC mode:)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #53 of 165
Don't know about Jriver, but Foobar2000 is definitely one of the lightest players for Windows in terms of CPU power and RAM consumption. Granted you run it without lots of additional effects/filters/converters in the output signal chain. However, I could not manage to make it play DSD smoothly and without artifacts with my YinLvMei A2 connected to PC in a DAC mode: the sound was slowed down or full of hissing and cracks. Notwithstanding the fact that the CPU power used by Foobar2000 was reported to be at less than 10% rate by the task manager and the RAM usage was also miniscule. Though I experienced zero issues with PCM on Foobar.
However, W1 is another device and has another USB chip, so there should be no such problem with DSD playback in Foobar on it, I think. But just as an alternative, you can try APlayer (Album Player) free and compact software player, which does not require installation and which works flawlessly for any content playback (including DSD) in bit-perfect mode with my A2 DAP in a DAC mode:)

I really have high hopes for this thing, I hope I wont be disappointed. It is interesting that not much is being mentioned about it:

"The workmanship of Win10 HIFI tablet W1 is much better than that of the Chengdu exhibition, and the tuning is more complete. But I heard that W1 will soon be sold out and delisted, and a smaller Windows system player will be launched later."

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv7616579/

"The Windouws system player W1 launched by Yinlumei is one of the most concerned new players in this exhibition. Win10 system, X86 chip and 8-inch touch screen, these are difficult to connect with portable players before this, but the rhythmic beauty full of experimental spirit makes Win10 brick a reality. As a product with a price of over 10,000, the sound performance of the W1 is quite good, with a clean sound bottom and excellent quality. However, compared to other 10,000 yuan competing products, the actual product is still slightly less refined, and the weight of more than 900 grams is also worth weighing.

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/150697882

Some more photos down the page:

https://world.taobao.com/item/623223376513.htm

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #57 of 165
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #58 of 165
I think that is for 32 ohms. For 300 ohms it is 160 mW.
Aha, they use to have misprints in the specs, but still the real output power is huge. I can't think of any portable competitors even for their M400 Plus DACAmp in terms of output power (QLS 361, probably) and W1 is even more powerful. M400 Plus DACAmp drives my HiFiman HE-500 planars very very well (I can't hear the difference with the headphones plugged into an external amplifier and the M400's built in amplifier). Seems like W1 is capable of driving any headphones on the Earth. And I'm not even talking about the balanced out which provides 4 times higher power (not 2 times like the manufacturer use to specify sometimes, mistakes again) than that of the single-ended:)

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #59 of 165
Yeah, they have an official website in Chinese and firmware updates section. The downside is that you need to have a Baidu account and app installed to download firmware images from the file sharing service

The good thing about the Win10 thing is that you just need to update the ASIO drivers and the BIOS. It looks like I can simply download them from the website. Though open questions are, what about Windows updates? Admin rights? Will I ever need to reinstall the Windows and is it like a laptop that the installation files are on the local storage? What about the language?

Well, it will be exciting. It looks like they actually have a lot of products that are not available outside China.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #60 of 165
Aha, they use to have misprints in the specs, but still the real output power is huge. I can't think of any portable competitors even for their M400 Plus DACAmp in terms of output power (QLS 361, probably) and W1 is even more powerful. M400 Plus DACAmp drives my HiFiman HE-500 planars very very well (I can't hear the difference with the headphones plugged into an external amplifier and the M400's built in amplifier). Seems like W1 is capable of driving any headphones on the Earth. And I'm not even talking about the balanced out which provides 4 times higher power (not 2 times like the manufacturer use to specify sometimes, mistakes again) than that of the single-ended:)

How is the M400 Plus? I read that it is a step up over the original M400, which had problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back