YinLvMei A2 Dual AK4497 Portable DAP
Mar 16, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #256 of 271
It would be hard to quantify the difference between the two, as this is subjective. To my ears, i can definitely hear improvements with M400plus, mainly more open and wider soundstage, and tighter bass.

I occasionally use the B2 for portability reasons, and immediately noticed the sound has 'downgraded'.

Don't get me wrong. The B2 is still very good. When i first heard the B2, i was very drawn to its musical sound and bass which none of my previous setups (e.g. LG V-series phones, portable usb-c dongles, portable bluetooth amps) can offer. That's why i upgraded to the M400 plus and never looked back since....
I understand, thank you friend ... I would like to know more about the price / device and cost / benefit ratio, as I became interested in both models to upgrade my btr5 fiio, but the M400 plus costs 3 times the price of B2, so I wanted to know if it was really worth paying a lot more, since B2 offers a lot more battery time.

Jun 15, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #260 of 271
Could someone please write a few words about Yin Lu Mei B2 sound signature?

I am thinking of buying this DAC as an upgrade to the Radsone ES100.

I also consider the cheaper model, the Yin Lu Mei B2M - anyone listened to this device?

Many thanks!

Jun 30, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #262 of 271
It is a pity that this thread is not updated. I became a big fan of their devices after listening to YLM B2. I may be the only one to talk, but if time and passion allow me, I'll post a post on this thread. Because this thread is almost the only non-Chinese community talking about YLM. I'm Asian, but I'm not Chinese, so they still feel closed to me. YLM is not famous in my country (Korea), but at least the sound they make is worth the fame. I might change my mind if I were to be subjected to their infamous QC.

Jun 30, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #263 of 271
Could someone please write a few words about Yin Lu Mei B2 sound signature?

I am thinking of buying this DAC as an upgrade to the Radsone ES100.

I also consider the cheaper model, the Yin Lu Mei B2M - anyone listened to this device?

Many thanks!
You probably don't need my help, but here's my YLM B2 appreciation that I posted in another thread to activate the thread:

I have used YLM B2 in recent weeks. Because the sound was literally incredible, I share my appreciation of the sound. B2 has a sound signature similar to WM1Z or WA11. Yes, it means emotional and analog low sound and lively music playback ability. And middle and high notes are not masked by powerful low notes. The B2 basically has a higher resolution and separation than the price range, but it has a superior tone (as described earlier). If you prefer a warm sound signature, YLM is by far the best brand. Normally, dac/amps in this price range usually have a 'roughness' in their sound. So I always think this after hearing them. "Oh, this sound is great for this price!" And I listen to music on my main device for over $1000. But B2 is completely different. B2's sound doesn't need to be crude, nor does it need to be price-conscious. B2 just plays amazing sound in itself. If you put SQ above all else, it's a must-listen device.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #264 of 271
Dear A2 owners, what firmware version are you on? Mine is based on Android 6 and is truncated to 32 bit (though the MTK 6737t SoC itself is 64 bit). Mr. Tang, the YinLuMei engineer, wrote me that Android 9-based full-fledged 64 bit new firmware was coming, but I still can't find any firmware updates for my A2
Sorry for responding to an old post. I want to buy A2, and I want to get more information about this. What does it mean that the dac of A2 only works as usb-dac? As I read the thread, I realized that it was for Android to completely bypass elements that negatively affect sound quality internally. As I understand it, bypassing Android like Shanling or Fiio is insufficient, somewhat inconvenient, but it's sound quality better to work in the same way as A2. And A2's method is to use the bit-perfect function in usb-dac mode. Is this what I understood so far? Please let me know if I misunderstood. And I'm curious about music streaming music. Why can't I hear anything on most streaming apps? Is it because streaming apps do not support bit-perfect? Then, is it impossible to use TIDAL through UAPP and only internal sound source? Or is the offline storage sound source of APPLE MUSIC unavailable?

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #265 of 271
Sorry for responding to an old post. I want to buy A2, and I want to get more information about this. What does it mean that the dac of A2 only works as usb-dac? As I read the thread, I realized that it was for Android to completely bypass elements that negatively affect sound quality internally. As I understand it, bypassing Android like Shanling or Fiio is insufficient, somewhat inconvenient, but it's sound quality better to work in the same way as A2. And A2's method is to use the bit-perfect function in usb-dac mode. Is this what I understood so far? Please let me know if I misunderstood. And I'm curious about music streaming music. Why can't I hear anything on most streaming apps? Is it because streaming apps do not support bit-perfect? Then, is it impossible to use TIDAL through UAPP and only internal sound source? Or is the offline storage sound source of APPLE MUSIC unavailable?

Newest updates of the official apps of Qobuz & Tidal have built-in bitperfect/audio-exclusive mode. UAPP isn't necessary for those two services.
Still if you forgoe BitPerfect, you get to use the EQ features of UAPP.

Aug 18, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #268 of 271
I don't really understand how A2 works. Here's my question. Can I use Apple Music on A2? Can I use a TIDAL?

To help you understand how A2 works, you can imagine it's a player interface with a USB dongle attached (via SA9227 I/O). You need to enable "USB direct access" on the music player software you use to unlock the device's full potential; otherwise, the output might be limited by the Android system. I use Neutron Player, and it sounds phenomenal. The built-in player, however, is terrible.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #270 of 271
I have to apologize for not posting much. I now own two W1's. The first one totally blew me away. I'm a professional jazz bassist by trade. Well over 100 recordings (one won a Grammy for engineering and two were voted "top cd's to die for"in Stereophile). I also design high end speakers for bass players and now for high end home audio. I'm just mentioning this because I'm super picky and I know exactly how instruments sound acoustically. I know my bass sound and it gives me a good perspective for listening.
The W1 is the best electronic purchase I've made.
1. With the 4499 chips it gives the exact sound balance in looking for. If you're a detail freak---forget it. Get a9038 based player. Cymbals sound like I know they should. Real acoustic music is much less dramatic than most electronics portray it . Some guys like their systems to overly dramatize music. That's cool with me. I'm just giving this information to describe my preferences. Which are not the last word---just my preferences.
Staging and imaging are really exceptional. Better than my Bifrost 2/ Auris 2f setup. Better than my RME with aNikola2 power supply. Both feed by a Sotm 200 streamer with their good power supply.
Depth and individual localization is amazing.

2.Windows
The huge advantage for me is Windows. The reason for this is Audirvana. It's WAY better sounding than any Android based player. You can also use Foobar or others. Not only does Audirvana sound great---- but here's the BIGGEST thing. Professional quality Vst3 parametric EQ plugins. I use Fabfilter which is virtually transparent. Costs$160. Best money I've spent on any aspect of my system--- headphones included. There are no headphones that can't be improved with eq. Only if it's of the highest quality. The W1 is the first device where I can really hear the differences between the dac filters. Turns out the one that I love(biggest soundstage, best bass reproduction) also rolls of the high end a bit after 10k. But---with the eq--i can put it back. Win win.
I have been searching for a special W1 that they were calling the W1S. Not the current W1's which is 9038 based. This is a super hotrodded version of the W1 (ak4499). Kindof like what Whitigir has done. Better components all around. Better power supply isolation. I think that the original W1 was around$2100. The"S" version was around$400 more. Man it's worth it. As great as the original W1 is---- this is better. Bass power and control are amazing.
I'm going to put my W1 up for sale so I can upgrade my iem.
Cons---the windows system is a bit glitchy. I've got it pretty dialed in and have no problems. I have used it as a main computer on the road, but it's not nearly as fluid as my laptop.( Audirvana is glitchy, too)
Also customer service is a pita. Unless you are fluent in Chinese. You can get answers, but you have to work for them.
For me----it's worth it for the musical experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back