YinLvMei A2 Dual AK4497 Portable DAP
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #91 of 271
The card itself is most likely a lemon or a fake.
They are always a failure point, especially if you ordered it online from Amazon. Fakes everywhere.

Did you get it online?

I bought it in a store, more I tried it in my Yinlumei A1 and it works very well! So I think my A2 player has a functional problem, or maybe, last hope, an incompatibility with the Sandisk brand or the type or capacity of the card, I don't know ... But I'm not going to buy yet another card from another brand and other storage to check ...
I had sent an email to Linsoul, where I bought this player, to explain my problem but I still don't have an answer. The first player I received had a functioning problem with the button volume. I sent it back, they changed it by sending me a new player and now I have this micro SD card problem ... And they told me, following my request, that they had tested the player before sending it back to me ... I am disappointed because it costs $ 1,000, and even if I can use it with the internal memory, it is quickly filled, I cannot put all my music ..

Apr 11, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #92 of 271
Had similar problem with SanDisk and hiby r6 a while back. SanDisk card was ok and worked fine in other players.

Hiby just preferred a Samsung card for whatever reason. Problems went away when I used Samsung card.

You may experience same with this player who knows?

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #95 of 271
Anyone able to offer comparisons to Sony WM1A, ZX300, FiiO M11 Pro? warmer, more analytical etc.

Q-6

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #96 of 271
I bought it in a store, more I tried it in my Yinlumei A1 and it works very well! So I think my A2 player has a functional problem, or maybe, last hope, an incompatibility with the Sandisk brand or the type or capacity of the card, I don't know ... But I'm not going to buy yet another card from another brand and other storage to check ...
I had sent an email to Linsoul, where I bought this player, to explain my problem but I still don't have an answer. The first player I received had a functioning problem with the button volume. I sent it back, they changed it by sending me a new player and now I have this micro SD card problem ... And they told me, following my request, that they had tested the player before sending it back to me ... I am disappointed because it costs $ 1,000, and even if I can use it with the internal memory, it is quickly filled, I cannot put all my music ..
Sorry to hear that, @Audiomarvin. Unfortunately, it pretty much seems to be a hardware issue to me.
Speaking of faults and issues, has anyone experienced a sound disappearance on A2 in USB DAC mode? I listen to music on my A2 connected to my desktop PC using the Foobar2000 player. And couple of times I experienced the situation when after pausing or stopping the music playback in Foobar2000 I try to resume the playback and get no sound. With that, the Foobar playback progress bar shows normal progress, the spectrogram works, the A2 analog part is still on, the system still has my A2 detected and listed in the list of audio devices, but there is no sound. Even if I stop and restart the playback or change the track. And only after I adjust the volume using the A2 hardware volume knob (at least one unit up or down) the sound resumes again. Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #99 of 271
Hello
To remove the last doubt I had, I bought a micro SD card again, this time from a brand other than SanDisk, and with a capacity of 32 GB to test the player again. I inserted it directly into the player after purchase, but the result is the same ... :slight_frown:
On the other hand I received a response from Linsoul, they will see the problem directly with the manufacturer and will keep me informed. I hope there will be a solution without me having to send the reader back to China ...

Apr 14, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #100 of 271
On the other hand while waiting for a possible solution I ordered a USB type C stick in order to connect it to the USB port of the player in OTG mode, in order to increase the memory ... I hope that it will work...

Apr 14, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #101 of 271
On the other hand while waiting for a possible solution I ordered a USB type C stick in order to connect it to the USB port of the player in OTG mode, in order to increase the memory ... I hope that it will work...
I hope you will not have to send the A2 back to the seller. It is interesting to know how the OTG works on A2 as I haven't tested it yet.
Meanwhile, I discovered today that plugging my Hifiman HE-500 terminated with 3.5mm balanced jack into my A2's 4.4mm balanced port using the 4.4-3.5 stock adapter results in the sound playing only in one channel :frowning2: I don't need the balanced out much, though it's a pity the adapter seems to be unreliable

Apr 14, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #102 of 271
I hope you will not have to send the A2 back to the seller. It is interesting to know how the OTG works on A2 as I haven't tested it yet.
Meanwhile, I discovered today that plugging my Hifiman HE-500 terminated with 3.5mm balanced jack into my A2's 4.4mm balanced port using the 4.4-3.5 stock adapter results in the sound playing only in one channel :frowning2: I don't need the balanced out much, though it's a pity the adapter seems to be unreliable

I received my 128 GB type C USB key, ordered from Amazon, plugged into the USB port and works perfectly. At least I have a troubleshooting solution and this key is perfect, very small, metallic and seems to be of good quality. :relaxed:
20200414_164137.jpg

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #103 of 271
I received my 128 GB type C USB key, ordered from Amazon, plugged into the USB port and works perfectly. At least I have a troubleshooting solution and this key is perfect, very small, metallic and seems to be of good quality. :relaxed:
20200414_164137.jpg

Good stuff, and good luck with linsoul. You could also try the email address I posted.

p.s. where did you get your case ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back