YinLvMei A2 Dual AK4497 Portable DAP
Mar 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #47 of 271
That is not good for $1300 dollars. I don't like that Ibasso is already shifting to a cheaper screen on the DX160 due to a end of life product, but at least that device is only $400.

Did you ever get around to posting the updated firmware? I wanted to look into the file to see if I could potentially root the rom, before I purchase the device.

I'll host it this eve, should be possible, we have flashing tools also for the mtk soc

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #49 of 271
Damn ... So all those devices would have less than 2 years of lifetime ...
Well, not exactly....it is just that these devices are based on Old technologies or Old off the shelves components

The DX200 had been using almost similar components for 3+ somethings

But off the shelves do move very quickly nowadays. If you want something that can last on and on...go for something that isn’t off the shelves ? Lol

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #50 of 271
Well, not exactly....it is just that these devices are based on Old technologies or Old off the shelves components

Having a better / more recent SoC is usefull in many ways, like longevity ... even if for some people , it's useless for many reasons too.

I don't have to tell you that if the M series is discountined , well ... they have to bring a new line of devices to continue to exist.
New devices mean ressources allowed (developpers ...) , which also mean less ressources for older series.

The DX200 had been using almost similar components for 3+ somethings

Last update for DX200 came in november 2019 ... so 2 years ( DX200 = 2017 ; RK3368 = 2015) .

How is the DX200 using Android O ?

Mar 25, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #52 of 271

If anyone here understands Japanese?
This guy seems to be saying that the A2 is better on SQ than the m15? But that's according to the YouTube translation, which is very patchy...
The guy reviews quite a lot of TOTL DAPs
Any takers?

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #54 of 271
The A2's product page on Linsoul includes THD+N values in %(0.0006) and db(-121). The problem with these values is that they are mutually exclusive. Does anyone know which of these two is the actual value?
The official printed manual reads:
SNR-Single port: 114 dB, Balanced: 121 dB (at 1 kHz, no load);
THD+N: 0.0007 (%?), Balanced: 0.0006 (%?) (at 1 kHz, no load)
Anyway, these numbers are neither 100% accurate (additional measurements with a real IEM load or at least resistor needed), nor of any real use for assessing a subjective SQ of A2:)
UPDATE: funny enough, the Chinese version of the printed manual does specify the 32 Ohm load for SNR measurements instead of "No load" as it is in the English version

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #55 of 271
Dear A2 owners, what firmware version are you on? Mine is based on Android 6 and is truncated to 32 bit (though the MTK 6737t SoC itself is 64 bit). Mr. Tang, the YinLuMei engineer, wrote me that Android 9-based full-fledged 64 bit new firmware was coming, but I still can't find any firmware updates for my A2

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #56 of 271
Good morning all,
I am new to this forum, French, also forgive me for the English mistakes, because I translate with Google.
I love music a lot, and I am passionate about music players which allow me to enjoy myself in terms of sound quality. Like many here, I think, the search for the perfect equipment never stops, even if for the moment I am satisfied with my choices. I had FIIO, F-Audio, and for 2 years I bought a Yinlumei A1, and despite battery concerns that I managed to change, still gives me full satisfaction. I also bought for a few days the last model of Yinlumei, the A2, bought at Linsoul. After a few setbacks with a first model that did not work properly, and exchange, I recently got the A2. As headphones I have different models especially bluetooth, Bose, Plantronics, and wired Sony MDR 1A am1 and am2.
After loading music into the player in different qualities, MP3 320, Flac 44, 48 and 96-24, listening to this player associated with the Sony MDR 1A am2 headphones in balanced mode, is quite exceptional yet a notch above the A1 model already very good ...
However I have an unresolved problem, despite my efforts, is with a micro SD card. It is a 128 GB Sandisk, formatted and recognized on a computer, but when I insert it in the reader, it tells me that it must be erased and formatted, but when I execute the operation a message d 'error says "cannot erase the card" and it is not recognized. I tried different formatting on computer but each time the same problem. I also have to try with another 8 GB card formatted in FAT 32, same problem ...
I do not know if anyone here has noticed the same problem and if there is a tip for it to be recognized ...
If you want information about these readers, don't hesitate to ask me.
thank you in advance

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #57 of 271
No issues with several 200GB and 400GB sandisks, I swap them between all my daps, used as they came, never had to reformat them whatever the dap.

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #58 of 271
Dear A2 owners, what firmware version are you on? Mine is based on Android 6 and is truncated to 32 bit (though the MTK 6737t SoC itself is 64 bit). Mr. Tang, the YinLuMei engineer, wrote me that Android 9-based full-fledged 64 bit new firmware was coming, but I still can't find any firmware updates for my A2

Android 9 64bit not available yet. Hope it comes. Same with Shanling M6/pro, this was promised at launch and the M6 has been out quite a while in DAP years.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #59 of 271
Android 9 64bit not available yet. Hope it comes. Same with Shanling M6/pro, this was promised at launch and the M6 has been out quite a while in DAP years.
Thanks for the info, Nayparm. I'm not interested in Android 9 itself much, more in a stable and fully 64-bit firmware in general. Are you using an Android 6-based 32 bit too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back