Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise
Feb 7, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #91 of 393

This is the kind of thing I found myself saying after listening to the HE-1000.  I can't say enough good about them and people just don't believe me.  Well the proof will be in the pudding.  Many others have heard them and agree.

Hearing this about the Yggy makes me really interested now.

Have you heard the Abyss? It's just like that also; you're 'in' the music, rather than it being 'in' your head.

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #92 of 393

Have you heard the Abyss? It's just like that also; you're 'in' the music, rather than it being 'in' your head.

I haven't had the privilege, no.  Assuming the HE-1000 is going to be godawful expensive, I'd want to hear an Abyss and a Stax before buying.  I hope to be able to do that at Canjam.  Maybe even with a Yggy!  :-D

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #94 of 393
  If this thing is as good as everyone says, there's gonna be like a 6 month wait on orders I reckon.

Nooo! I wouldn't be able to bear the agony.
redface.gif

My knowledgeable friend (and various other factors, such as far better objective measurements) convinced me to just go for the STAX SR-009 and SRM-323S amp instead of the Abyss once I can afford a summit-fi headphone system. (It would work out to under $4K that way.)

With such an ultra-resolving transducer, I would be even more keen on comparing the Yggdrasil to the Modi 2. Then again, I also want the Smyth Realiser A8 virtual surround sound audio processor (which emulates the sound of limitless speaker systems!), and that already has a pretty good DAC in it...so I guess this all depends on my budget and whether there is a long wait period.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #95 of 393
  I haven't had the privilege, no.  Assuming the HE-1000 is going to be godawful expensive, I'd want to hear an Abyss and a Stax before buying.  I hope to be able to do that at Canjam.  Maybe even with a Yggy!  :-D

That would a nice audition combo! 

If this thing is as good as everyone says, there's gonna be like a 6 month wait on orders I reckon.

Depending on price :¬)

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #96 of 393

Depending on price :¬)

Well we know it's going to be roughly $2.5k, and if it's just as good or better than everything under $15k then why would anyone want anything else?  

Zerodeefex, can you think of any reasons anyone in the higher end part of the DAC market may not like it?  Could you imagine anyone trying it and saying "nah, it's not really for me"

Feb 8, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #98 of 393
There has been a fair bit of talk around price for a while and it seems to be a pretty reasonable indication.  If you know much about Schiit, they're pretty serious about their no BS approach to deliver quality at a decent price.  Just take a look at their website and you'll see what they're about - and look at the prices of the rest of the range - even if it was $2.5k it would be by far the dearest product in their lineup.  This is designed to be paired with the Ragnarok amp at $1699 http://schiit.com/products If it comes out at $5k or something I will be floored.

Feb 8, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #99 of 393
  There has been a fair bit of talk around price for a while and it seems to be a pretty reasonable indication.  If you know much about Schiit, they're pretty serious about their no BS approach to deliver quality at a decent price.  Just take a look at their website and you'll see what they're about - and look at the prices of the rest of the range - even if it was $2.5k it would be by far the dearest product in their lineup.  This is designed to be paired with the Ragnarok amp at $1699 http://schiit.com/products If it comes out at $5k or something I will be floored.

Whoops, I had my wires crossed; thought I was replying to you in the HE1K thread!

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #100 of 393
For the record, Yggdrasil is going to be $2299.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 18, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #102 of 393

Will that compare to € 2299 overseas like the Rag?

Yeah importing this stuff to a different country is always gonna cost more.  I was doing some rough estimates on price for myself...  The Ragnarok in Australia is $2949.  So 2949 divided by 1699 US = 1.74 times the US price.  So $2299 US for the Yggy X 1.74 = $3990 in Australia... which is the same price as the Auralic Vega... Even though in the US, there is more than a thousand dollars difference between the two... I don't get it.  I hope my estimate is wrong 
frown.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #103 of 393
Feb 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #104 of 393
Feb 19, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #105 of 393
Yeah importing this stuff to a different country is always gonna cost more.  I was doing some rough estimates on price for myself...  The Ragnarok in Australia is $2949.  So 2949 divided by 1699 US = 1.74 times the US price.  So $2299 US for the Yggy X 1.74 = $3990 in Australia... which is the same price as the Auralic Vega... Even though in the US, there is more than a thousand dollars difference between the two... I don't get it.  I hope my estimate is wrong 
frown.gif

I payed € 1699 for my Rag.... US$ in €.... That is a big difference but I did the calculations and including shipping, import tax, luxury tax and all other crap taxes, it's about the same price as ordering directly from Schiit... Only now I have local support if something goes fubar.

So, i don't mind paying a bit more it's just I need to now how much I need to reserve for my order... :D

And on a side note... I would like to reserve the Yggy with serial 216..... matches my Rag.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back