Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise
Apr 28, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #301 of 393
Quote:7ryder

Now try with 256 kbps AAC.
very_evil_smiley.gif
and also try it without knowing which file is which.

and... then try it without turning anything on.......   If you hear a difference - it's all in your mind.......     
blink.gif
gs1000.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #302 of 393

hi,  i find this thead very appealing that"s why i have made my account today..   i'm 47 so that"s why i am a fan of  vintage R2R legacy dacs  ,    WADIA 9 , CELLO reference Dac, EAD DSP9000 pro , spectral sdr2000 pro...  my question is : is there someone whp have bought one of these dacs and now have the Yggi ?

best 

juan

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #303 of 393
I'm off to pick up bunch of cables at Infinite Cables - everything I might ever need. Why not? :) 

So Yggy inches closer. Keep those impressions coming please.

(I like that this is a dedicated Yggy thread. The other has too much on the Rag which doesn't interest me. We did get a little off track on the DSD issue though... SS Forum is a probably the best place for that.)

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #304 of 393
I wasn't sold on the Yggdrasil even after all the reviews. The price, $2,299, was still pretty high for me. Until I saw the blank page offered on the owners manual.
"Extra crap from Schiit?" I thought, and my view of the company turned around.
If Schiit is willing to add something as important as space for the human imagination, then they deserve my money. I'm getting the Yggdrasil because of that sheet of paper.
Thanks Jason, Mike, and crew.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #307 of 393

hi,  i find this thead very appealing that"s why i have made my account today..   i'm 47 so that"s why i am a fan of  vintage R2R legacy dacs  ,    WADIA 9 , CELLO reference Dac, EAD DSP9000 pro , spectral sdr2000 pro...  my question is : is there someone whp have bought one of these dacs and now have the Yggi ?

best 

juan

I have the Sonic Frontiers TransDAC and find the Yggy a big step up. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #309 of 393
thanks,  in fact i have a TotalDac A1  ( the first exemplar reviewed by 6moon audio)  but it went dead so i need a replacement and i hesitate between fews models int the same price range  ,  a used Chord Hugo  , a used berkeley alpha 1 or thiis shiit.     not a big dilemma anyway..

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #312 of 393
The Yggdrasil is fairly expensive, but still somewhat affordable. Most people who have heard it say it's the best DAC they have heard. I wonder how it compares to the really expensive DACs...

TRINITY DAC
~$60,000

MSB SELECT DAC
$89,950

dCS Vivaldi Digital Playback System
$108,496
(Includes CD/SACD transport, DAC, upsampler, and master clock.)

Light Harmonic Sire
$120,000
(Not yet released.)

ph34r.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #313 of 393
Night and day difference                                     as far as your bank balance is concerned.....    
blink.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #315 of 393

best 

juan
Check this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/693798/thoughts-on-a-bunch-of-dacs-and-why-delta-sigma-sucks/0_50
The thread starter purrin did test lots of r2r dacs including the iggy.

And one Q, why wouldnt you repair your totaldac? Does that cost more than a new iggy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back