Yet another "what should I get" thread
Jan 17, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kirtar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipoodz just reminded me: I think it was the difficulty of "pocket control" or even just blind control. While it has buttons up top, I'd rather that be on the side (or at least have two sets like on S9). While the ZHD somewhat has this problem, gestures can get you anything but pause/play.

As another note, I should probably note that only a small portion of my collection is FLAC, which I keep for transcoding purposes.

To be fair, the S9's blind control doesn't seem terribly good for in-the-pocket usage. Unless you have a really good L-shaped plug, the plug would have to be facing up, toward the pocket opening, and the buttons are on the opposite side.
Sony X definitely wins in this regard, imho, with flawless button placements.

The saddest part about ZHD gestures is that it could be perfect if they just added something like two to three taps on the button means pause. Then, it would be a really cool gesture + physical button triumph.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #17 of 19
Everything I have has an L-shaped plug, although I don't know what you mean by "good" (SA6 old cable, RE-2).

In any case, just by looking at my collection, itouch is pretty much out because it doesn't support about half of my library and going 192 WMA-> anything is kinda dumb. Would I be correct in assuming that the zhd won't work with my wall charger that I got from my rio (given that my brother's 1st gen zune doesn't charge off of it)?

Although the x-series has excellent button placement, I don't feel that it warrants paying the premium price above any of my candidates while losing the capability to play some sort of lossless. In addition, unless it got changed in the browser update, I've heard that the browser on the x-series is even worse than that of the ZHD (granted, S9 has no wifi at all).

Also, I agree with your comment on the zhd gestures. Really I guess, I'm really more concerned about blind control than pocket control since I'll probably get a noreve no matter what I end up.

In case BassThor comes back to this thread... I'm well aware that people will almost always recommend what they have tried over what they haven't. However, if there is no reason stated behind the recommendation, it is ignored. If there is a reason, it is considered with caution.

Meh I'll probably wait a bit before I buy. Maybe at the end of January and see if that XviD actually gets added.

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you dont want wait, maybe u can order P3 from ebay

I can wait till February and still be fine (assuming that the HD on my ce2100 doesn't quit on me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back