(yet another) Review: Monster Turbine Pro Copper Edition
Apr 13, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #16 of 38
very very detailed and nice review!

your review actually got me way MORE impatient as im waiting for my coppers to arrive, proly this friday.

I actually find the copper pretty nice looking, just that it is too blingy

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 38
Thanks for the review
regular_smile .gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 38
A very enjoyable and detailed review,kind of like reading a mini novel,
normal_smile .gif
i agree with all your findings except that i find them great for portable use and not too heavy.

great photos ,by the way
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #19 of 38
Reading all the great reviews on the MTPC sorta set my mind on exchanging my e-Q7 for it
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very very detailed and nice review!

your review actually got me way MORE impatient as im waiting for my coppers to arrive, proly this friday.

I actually find the copper pretty nice looking, just that it is too blingy

That's why you don't look at reviews and such when you bought an iem and waiting for it. That did me in when I bought the e-Q7 as well as when it was on loan.

To the OP: The coppers look exactly like the Gold's in every way except color. They were surprisingly light and easy for portable use.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #22 of 38
I'm just piling on here, but really nice review. I've tried to write a review for the Coppers, but upon reading the finished product, I realized it really didn't say anything all that useful; made me sound like a shill in some ways....so I opted not to post one until I can sort out how to provide something as balanced as yours. Then again, w/ all the glowing reviews/posts, my review would be redundant.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by feverfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just piling on here, but really nice review. I've tried to write a review for the Coppers, but upon reading the finished product, I realized it really didn't say anything all that useful; made me sound like a shill in some ways....so I opted not to post one until I can sort out how to provide something as balanced as yours. Then again, w/ all the glowing reviews/posts, my review would be redundant.

Never let yourself down, no matter how good/bad your review is
smily_headphones1.gif
Post it, and let others decide upon that fact!

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #24 of 38
project86,

Nice review. I wish I had the time to put together so many words. I fear that I'll just bore to death...I'm not secure enough in my thoughts to type out most of what I hear. I hate to use the same old over-used terms, some of which are sort of BS IMO(I hate the term PRAT). I need to post my thoughts on my MTPC which will be less of a review, mostly just my "impressions". So much has been posted already. I need to do more listening.

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

some people are just good reviewers (not me) but don't let you down. your opinion is just as valid as anyone else who has heard them.

@GreatDane: that's probably a similar reason to why I haven't written a review before but I'm hoping to change that eventually. I look forward to when you finish yours however
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #26 of 38
Thanks for the kind words everyone. A few points:

1)The weight issue. They really aren't THAT heavy, and I apologize if I gave that impression. But they are a bit more weighty than most IEMs. Combined with the somewhat shallow insertion that I have to use, the microphonics problem, and the ease with which I can mess up my good seal, it just doesn't make for the best portable use. I CAN use them but others are a lot easier to deal with.

2) I totally encourage everyone to write a review on whatever product you want, if you feel the desire. It is a great learning experience. You can be as concise or as wordy as you want. In the end you are really just stating your opinion, and that sort of thing is always helpful to read. It doesn't matter if you don't come off as a pro - but just the act of doing a review can actually help you get better at it.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

^^ I use the Phonak silicone ear guides & wear mine over-the-ear, and find that microphonics are reduced considerably....

Thanks for noting this, I was wondering if the phonak guides would fit right on the MTPC.

Like the other folks, I haven't found the MTPCs too heavy and I've been able to use them over-the-ear with no problems (many times running with them, even). But ear guides would be nice, too.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #29 of 38
the slider should be good enough for most uses.

@Kunlun: you should be able to try out the phonak ear guides on Saturday. I'll bring the pair I have so you can see if it actually helps you or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back