yet another recommendation thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jimmyjerko

New Head-Fier
So I've been browsing head-fi for awhile now, doing research and education myself on the audio universe. I'm in the market for my first pair of medium to high-end headphones. Like everyone here, I love listening to music, mostly electronic, dubstep, folk, hip-hop, soul and r&b. I also enjoy analyzing and I really appreciate the production value and composition of music so I would like to differentiate between the different layers of audio/instruments, but I wouldn't want a pair of 'nit picky' headphones that expose ALL the flaws of a track and ruin it which I understand some headphones do. I also like bass but I don't want it to be overpowering. The most important factor for me is sound quality. 

I will be using a Fiio e17 to power the headphones from my laptop, IPod and phone (galaxy s3).

Through my research, I have come up with 3 headphones which I think will suit my tastes: Beyerdynamic DT880, Sennheiser HD598, and Ultrasone Pro 750. What I want to know is: what are your opinions on my choices based on my musical tastes and criteria AND what are your other suggestions around the same price?  Thanks      

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 2
Welcome to head-fi, 
After checking your choices, the most appropriate is the Pro750. Beyers are bulky to use them as portables, and the sennheiser are bass light and leak sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back