Yet another Oregon meet...
May 2, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 100
I'd love it if someone could bring an HF-1! There has been so much buzz about where it fits on the Grado line and I can't tell if it's allegiance to Head-Fi, the 'limited-edition' aspect, or actual quality of the headphone that makes it so popular.

Anyways, dev I'd love to do this Onix comparison, hopefully that will work out. I only have one pair of interconnects but maybe we'll end up with two of the same kind somehow.

May 3, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #17 of 100
Word. I'm totally there. Availability? Whenever. The joys of not having any firm responsibilities this summer
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 3, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #18 of 100
Ahhh Oregon in the sumertime the birds are chirping the air is warm and dry... Oh I would rather be inside goofing with Hi-Fi Gear! Will bring the house of goodies, all cables and yes Deadlierchar your HF-1.

I am all good except for July 6 - 10

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 10, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 100
how far is that from redding ca?

May 10, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #23 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
Google maps says 420 miles. I think you are closer to San Francisco meets.

hahaha....man that is far away...although the tax free shopping is an incentive
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #24 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Though we have no problem with people taking long trips to visit
smily_headphones1.gif

For sure.

And this CA 8 or 9 percent tax is a killer (down here for school, I know how bad it is!). If you feel like coming up we'd love to have you! The more the merrier.

May 10, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #25 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
how far is that from redding ca?

About a ten hour drive.

May 14, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #26 of 100
So, have time/place been decided upon yet?

May 14, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #27 of 100
Not yet, I'm actually trying to get ahold of some people to get a better idea what dates will work best, so I can put up some real options. Thus far we are looking at later in the summer, so we have plenty of time to plan in any case.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's great to have so much new interest, this could turn out to be a sizeable meet.

May 21, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #28 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
About a ten hour drive.

man..if i had a prosche like you i would consider it but in a toyota minivan? fugeddaboutit
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #29 of 100
How much cool stuff do you need to come to these events? Im rather new to headphones but wouldn't mind coming and seeing what these "meets" are all about.

May 25, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #30 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanlp
How much cool stuff do you need to come to these events? Im rather new to headphones but wouldn't mind coming and seeing what these "meets" are all about.

You only need what you want to bring with you. It's a great opportunity to hear 'phones you haven't before, as well as amps, cables, and other things. One thing though: cases of upgraditis have been known to occur after meets. By the time I went to meet #2, I had SA1000's and ER6i's added to my roster, which I have already parted with. This time though, I'll be focusing more on the modded spec of my HD580's, and perhaps my DCD-2560 cd player if there's room for it.

600smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back