Yet another Oregon meet...
Apr 29, 2006 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

devwild

1000+ Head-Fier
Meet Details:

Date: August 19
Time: 10AM till last man standing (usually 6-7PM)
Place: The Pacific Conference - 18121 SE River Rd,
Milwaukie, OR 97267 - Map

Guidelines: Basically identical to last time (quoted below). We didn't end up doing dinner last time because people had plans, it's up to you guys if we do this time, and the price for the overall cost will be the same. Quote:

Guidelines: There will be information on what building to go to available at the main office. Please do not drive through the grounds aimlessly as people live there as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

There's a kitchen so you can brink soda, juice, food etc. If you wish to prepare something, bring your needed utensils and please clean up after yourself.

No alcohol is allowed on the grounds, please do not bring any with you, or you will be asked to leave. We will probably go out for dinner, etc as a group afterwards, so save it for then.

Bring your gear and power strips/cleaners/whatever, and money for food. There will be plenty of tables and chairs available, unless you feel like bringing your own office chair or lazyboy
smily_headphones1.gif

We will try to set up a side room as a quiet room, please respect it as such, and smack me if I forget to keep my mouth shut.
wink.gif

Total cost for the location for the day is $75, contributions are appreciated.

PM me with any questions.

Be sure to check back to this thread before leaving for the meet in case there are any last minute changes in plans.

---Original post---
Some time has passed, some gear has changed hands, and some new oregonian head-fiers have been born. Seems like a good time to start talking about another summer meet.
580smile.gif

Unless someone has an excelent option, we'll assume we're going with the Pacific Conference grounds in Milwawkie again for a location, as it has worked out well for the last two meets. Once we have some ideas, I'll solidify time and cost. We should make some proper plans for food this time too.
wink.gif

As for date, that's largely up for discussion. I personally have some serious work activity going on, and can't really meet until after July 4th, when our project is complete. Certainly I would prefer to hold this on a Saturday as in the past.

I will keep this post updated with any info we gather.

So, thoughts? Time for more insanity?

Apr 29, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 100
At the moment I have no amp, but I'd probably show up. I get out of school the 16-ish, an I don't know my work schedual yet, but if I can, I'll probably go.

Apr 29, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 100
A summer meet would be awesome! That location worked quite well for the Head-Fi meet, so sounds good to me.

As soon as we move more in the direction of deciding a day I will chime in!

Apr 29, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 100
As I mentioned above, I'm busy until after July 4th. Summer break in particular is going to be outright insane and probably involve some overtime, as the deadline for my work is the start of Summer term (July 3rd in the case of my workplace). Rest for the students means chaos for technical and administrative folks.
wink.gif
I was looking at something further into the summer.

Apr 30, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #8 of 100
I'm good for whatever date you guys set. My headphone gear hasn't really changed much at all, aside from the breaking of my Denon DCM 350 and its subsequent change to a superior and still properly working(
rolleyes.gif
) DCD 2560. I should have my new HD600 grilles sometime in May, but not much else is on the horizon at the moment. The only other significant thing that has changed as far as my gear is concerned, is well, apparent when you see the pics I'm now uploading
wink.gif

Here's to pondering the possibility that a pair of GS1000's might be at the next meet
smily_headphones1.gif
Abe

Apr 30, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #9 of 100
That sure would be cool to see a GS1000, it won't be coming from me though
frown.gif

This summer I'd like to finally build a Millet hybrid and case it up into something nice but that probably won't be happening until July or so. I do have these 325i's that I got since the last meet! I could bring my Onix player and we could see how much better Dev's sounds with the upgraded opamps? I'm sure it will be a good time no matter what.

Apr 30, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #10 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
That sure would be cool to see a GS1000, it won't be coming from me though
frown.gif

Me neither. I'm certainly curious about them, but I won't be buying a pair any time soon at the anounced price
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
I could bring my Onix player and we could see how much better Dev's sounds with the upgraded opamps?

That would be interesting, I would like to hear that too, using the switched inputs on my M^3 and identical ICs if possible. I generally feel the 627s are more refined, but they also seem warmer, which changes how well it pairs with some gear.

May 1, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #11 of 100
I would love to join you guys! Let me know when you decide to have the meet.

May 1, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #12 of 100
If we're talking about a possible meet in August I should say right now that September 10th-24th are not good for me. If Devwild can't meet until July and Gigabomber wants to meet after summer term then I think the best dates would either be August 19th or August 26th. Personally, of the two dates, August 26th works much better for me because my summer term ends on the 25th. (I have to go 9 weeks instead of 8.) August 19th would be a particularly bad day because thats the Saturday before I have to take a year long evaluation for my Japanese class. So my proposal for a meet date I guess would be August 26th. I realize that is 4 months from now, but at least it will give us more time to organize. Perhaps get some more people to attend, including some of the Seattle folks.

Alternatively, if people do want the meet sooner, early July would probably be better than late July. I can't speak for Gigabomber, but the first three weeks of summer term for me will be easier than the following 6 weeks. If you guys pick a date during summer term I'll still go regardless. Hell I work on the weekends normally so its not like I study much during that time anyways.
tongue.gif

May 1, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #14 of 100
This would be great -- I'd love to participate. I don't think I'll have any availability until after July 4th, unfortunately, but the rest of the summer should be good for me. Mid June might be possible.

May 1, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #15 of 100
Sure i'd be interested in going, just waiting for a solid date on the meet,school/work schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back