Yet another noob asking which headphones to buy
May 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

QuestionMeister

New Head-Fier
Price: $200

Music: mainly rock, a lot of indie and some other genres too.

some of my top played artists are: queens of the stone age, the national, dinosaur jr, the brian jonestown massacre, mobb deep, the kills, yeah yeah yeahs, cunninglynguists, the verve etc.

Usage: Walking to and in college classes out of my iphone 4 or at home out of my hp folio 13

Additional preferences: Closed ear

I would be really really (really) grateful for any help, please do it for the karma if you cant find any other reason, thanks.

May 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 6
For the budget, genres, and demands of student life, I would look at the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. They are closed back, on-ear portable headphones that should be easily driven from your iPhone and laptop. They aren't extremely bassy headphones, but they typically have enough bass to fit rock music just fine.

May 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 6
first i agree with tyll.

also, another option would be noontec zoro HD, which comes from a China manufacturer and is going only for fifty something.

by comparison, m80 has an outstanding sub bass, while zoro offers a decent midrange.
by and large, m80's build quality is far more better.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #6 of 6
If you're willing to go open, get Grados. best sound for rock, in mine and many others opinions. Easy to drive also..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back