Yet another LOD question, please advice
Feb 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
I have some question about LOD cable. Normally the LOD's made like LOD>mini, but what would happened if using LOD>mini USB? Meaning MP3player>LOD>Petite USB>PHONES.
The reason I am asking is that PETITE sounds quite differently when USB or just phone out been used, not better or worse, just different and I like it both.
So, the question is, have anybody ever use such cable to connect your player with portable USB amp? If yes, where to get such LOD?
My player is iAudio X5L.

THX

Feb 14, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Well, I do believe it will. Just this morning have tried USB iAudio>USB Petite and that's doesn't work. But if LOD with mini works, why wouldnt LOD with USB then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if it will even work but Pocketdocks have usb ports on them sometimes.

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't think it would work because the signal that comes through the LOD has already ran through the DAC in the player itself. The other factor that I can think of is, if a LOD can even be wired up to take the digital signal from the player.(I.E. Wadia's iTransport with the newer iPod's)

Just as a heads up you might want to run a search here about using a mini to mini from the headphone out as opposed to using a LOD, I have read post from people saying that they perfered using the headphone out to feed the signal to a amp and not the LOD.(I cannot comment on that myself since I have not herd the X5 but, the information should be floating around here.)

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 6
I have DOC at home, so will try tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it would work because the signal that comes through the LOD has already ran through the DAC in the player itself. The other factor that I can think of is, if a LOD can even be wired up to take the digital signal from the player.(I.E. Wadia's iTransport with the newer iPod's)

Just as a heads up you might want to run a search here about using a mini to mini from the headphone out as opposed to using a LOD, I have read post from people saying that they perfered using the headphone out to feed the signal to a amp and not the LOD.(I cannot comment on that myself since I have not herd the X5 but, the information should be floating around here.)

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 6
No, that won't work. The USB input of the Petite needs a digital audio signal, and you can't get that from an iPod's dock.

If that were possible, it would have been done a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back