yet another: IEMs/earbuds $100 budget concerned with gym use and office practicality
Feb 12, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Used the RE0 at the gym today. 2 hours, running and lifting weights. Microphonics are not bad at all.

I thought the RE0 had very little microphonics when testing them at the gym. I'm surprised that some people have complained.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #47 of 53
I'll be testing them at the gym tonight... weights and elliptical. i can already tell the less isolation of the PL30s will be prefered, even on pause a convo is tough with the RE's

I did research the eternas quite a bit, but like the S4s im not so sure they are what im looking for. In the past 6 hours ive realized i am most definitly not a bass-head.

in all my research i dont think i came across a sub $100 IEM with similar clarity and seperation to the RE0s but a more impactful mid region. i could handle just a touch less hi's but not much.

I have a hunch the E5 is going to fill out the region i want more of, i hope, research says yes.

_______
switched around tips and setteled on med single flange for now, more comfort, less isolation (good for work) and = Sq from what i can tell thus far.

EDIT: went back to the bi flange and oh my!! most definitly a difference for my ear. single tips seem to decrease seperation and the upper mids/hi's are slightly masked. it does fill out the low-middle area but after switching back im not sure its worth it. the clarity with the bi flanges is superior. i wouldnt say the bass quantity changes but more so its impact and clarity, tight punch vs a little more boom at the cost of definition.

I'll also add that with the exception of maby 20 minutes total, they have comfortably been in my ears for the last 8hrs.

Feb 13, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kretzschmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NumLock, if you try foams on the re0 let me know how it sounds, I'm considering trying this. Do you use the eq on your clip? I find that I do not with my re0's and it helps them with no eq, but its the other way around for me when I use the clip with my ne-7m.

I tried the NE7M foams on the RE0 once and it felt too small for some reason. I will try the DIY foam earplugs on the RE0.

The EQ on the clip is a joke for me. Makes it sound worse in all presets. I just keep it on the normal/flat setting.

I wonder how much of a difference in sound a Clip vs Fuze with LOD. Both being amped by a T3. Hmmm... I am going to want to try this.

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumLock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will try the DIY foam earplugs on the RE0.

doesn't work, i mean by all means its too easy to not try yourself but the foam is waaaay to short, you would need a proper foam with a ridgid core. the design of the RE0 is such that you need a long tip to get much depth at all.

the gym
i have zero complaints, i did legs and CV on the elliptical, IEMs OTE run down my chest under my shirt with the y connector taut and the clip on the neck of the shirt. only issue i have can be solved with tape, the clip must be installed on the split part of the cord and it doesn't stay put, so you loose your slack from the clip up to IEM. good cord length, once the clip stays put i see no tugging on the cord from either end. I imagine I'll have to be careful when doing things like arms on a preacher bench, where your chest is firm against the pad with the cord running between. I hope the PL30s have less isolation, i cant hear anything, some guy had to actually tap me on the head to get my attention today. you definitely can not listen critically while lifting weights, so i hope the PL30s are up to snuff, as id prefer to leave the RE0s home and be a bit more careless, and pay more attention to working out and less to caring for the IEMs

ive had a cold through out this, and there's most definitely some fluid in my ears as a result. subsequently Ive aggravated my ears a bit, but i can tell its not from actual insertion and more so fluid and pressure with my nasal passage all clogged up, i think, i hope.

Dec 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #50 of 53
I just wanted to stop by and THANK the MEMBERS of HEAD FI

8 months later, despite having to do a warranty claim, i could not be happier with my RE0s.  i just love them, and not having them for a week and going back to the pl30s made me love them even more. The new cord and strain releif are awesome too.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back