Yet another hd580 amp question.
Nov 11, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murdoch
I'd advise you to avoid creek amps. Poor value to the money.

See the internal of both, what i think is both amps are poor value to the money
600smile.gif
.However, I dont got what they sound like.

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgios
Here's the creek. And what's wrong with the connection speed here? too badddddddddddd

OBH-21 on the left, 21SE on the right. Rega Ear does look to me like a slightly modified copy of the very first OBH-11 circuit (without CCS biasing on the output of opamps)
smily_headphones1.gif

Alex

Nov 12, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgios
See the internal of both, what i think is both amps are poor value to the money
600smile.gif
.However, I dont got what they sound like.

What you've posted must not be the only Rega Ear design. I've got two photos of Ear **** that look quite different, with capacitors positioned differently and apparently more of the smaller components.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Nov 12, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdot
I'm planning to get my rega from here
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...=AREGEARSILVER
but, is that a reliable place?

For what it's worth, I recently ordered some cables and CDs from them, and had no complaints. The cables I ordered were out of stock, they sent me an e-mail offering different cables for the same price, which I accepted, and the order was shipped promptly after that.

Nov 12, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #24 of 34
Music Direct is a very reliable vendor, however I doubt they would ship Rega gear. They are an authorized dealer for the Chicago area only, so unless you can go to their B & M store, you're probably out of luck. However, you should be able to find a Rega dealer local to you and make the purchase in person.

Of course, FAIK, you could be in Chicago
lambda.gif

Nov 13, 2004 at 5:19 AM Post #27 of 34
Nov 13, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #29 of 34
A4audio is in Canada, although the prices on their web site are apparently in American dollars. Does anyone know if it will be necessary to pay duty to import a Rega Ear into the US? I looked at the US Customs web site, which is fairly confusing, and it looks like there's no duty on amplifiers from Canada. But would that still hold true for the Rega, since it's made in the UK?

Nov 14, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #30 of 34
i filled out the order form on that site, to check the shipping to NYC and it said it was ~17. It totaled to 197 which is still cheaper i could find anywhere else. I'm just wondering if they are legit or not, they look legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back