yet ANOTHER Fiio E7 [[[REVIEW]]] (but not really) WARNING: LOTS OF HIGH MB IMAGES
Dec 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LegendaryLvl1

100+ Head-Fier
Whatsup guys - some guy with my E7 just came to my door today - so as i have nothing better to do at the moment, i  thought id just do somet kind of ... unboxing/?

anyways i'm hoping that this would also somehow help other people in aus thinking about buying one

Delivery took 2-3days (as it says on the website) and this is how it came:

mmmm... bubble wrap :D

The aftermath...

The product itself!

this is probably THE BIGGEST FLAW OF THIS PRODUCT.
DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS FOR ME TO TAKE OUT THE AMP FROM THE BOX WHEN THE DAMN PLASTIC CASING IS BIGGER THAN THE CARBOARD CONTAINER????????????

SHEESH!
:D

K guys thats it!

Sorry for the huge images.....
but anyways

If you have any requests for certain shots (its going to be on my shoddy iphone4 camera) then just post below! (details if u ask)

Dec 2, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 10
holy crap. I think i got a dud unit!

my e7 wont POWER ON ????????!!!!?? WTH

edit:

yup... its a dud unit -___-, gotta contact em and see what happens

edit (again):

Great news fellas! I contacted them and this is what they said:

"Hi mate,

Don't worry. We will replace the unit if it is not working.
Have you tried to charge it longer? leave it overnight?

If it still not working, please send it back to us using registered post and we will send you a new one straight away.
Don't worry, we're here to do business.

Cheers

Nelson"

bloody awesome service...

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 10
Have you tried the reset button?

I got mine a few days ago and it wouldn't power on at all while connected to USB or otherwise. The screen would light up and flicker for half a second and then shutdown. Hitting the reset button while unit was off solved the problem.

Love the little thing now.

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 10
I had the same problem when i first got mine, it's not a dud unit, just plug into usb and press the reset button and keep plugging in and unplugging and keep trying to power it on, after a few times doing that mine finally powered on. Also another flaw i noticed is the E7's oled screen injects a small hum into the audio you can hear it if you use low inpendence headphones, i can't hear it with my 150ohm sennheisers but with my 12ohm soundmagics i can hear it quite well.

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 10
I've tried plugging it in and pressing the reset button many times ---- but the screen wont turn on.
No charging signal or anything comes on. Its like a lifeless brick.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 10
my computer does recognise the driver - and ive been charging it for 1hr+ now but nothing still. :O

still thanks heaps for your input guys!!~~

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #10 of 10
If you leave it connected to a computer for an hour and it still won't power on, then something is wrong with it.

That's rare, though. We've seen maybe 1 unit that refuse to turn on. 

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back