Yet Another 'Budget' Amp question!
Jun 2, 2010 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Solthar

New Head-Fier
Hey all.  I'm currently throwing together a budget audio system and am in need of advice for a basic amp.  Since this will be used exclusively in the home, I tend to prefer the non-battery powered varients. For headphones, I'm currently deciding between a pair of CharterOak SP-1's and a Beyerdynamic DT880 pro's (both used).

Basically, I'm looking for something available from a Canadian retailer, or at the very least shipped from Canada, that will power one of the above.  Ideally in the $200 range, but if if there is absolutely nothing but crap in that price range I guess I could be persuaded to go higher, but at the cost of not being able to purchase the headphones for a couple months.

So, any suggestions?

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Firestone Cute Beyond is 185, and they ship to Canada. Just bought one myself, as part of a somewhat budget system.  
http://www.audiophileproducts.com/cutebeyond

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, that is Exactly what I was looking for.  One should arrive in a couple days 
dt880smile.png
!

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Smart choice, later on you can change/upgrade the opamps and add the nicer power supply to it, should make it a pretty decent amp. 
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back