YES!!! Kenwood HD30GB9 and HD10GB7 now at Bluetin
Jun 18, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 23
Wow...

Jun 18, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #5 of 23
Nice. Pricejapan has an even nicer pricetag. I hope they have the HD10GB7 in stock too, or by email ordering. Thanks for the tip, Killercrush.

Jun 23, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 23
Just contacted Bluetin and mentioned that PriceJapan was selling the Hd30GB9 for $400. They have adjusted their price down from about $423 to $403 if anyone is interested.

El Duderino

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #7 of 23
Ah, thats nice! I prefer to buy from bluetin.

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 23
Hi.

I'm about ready to order the Kenwood HD30GB9 and had a quick question regarding delivery options as this is the first time I've ordered from Japan. I live in the US so the delivery options are pretty much EMS or FedEx/UPS.

Apart from the increased cost of FedEx and the faster delivery time, are their any other differences? Has anyone had issues with customs and EMS, particularly regarding tax etc.? FedEx apparently acts as your representative at customs according to the PriceJapan website whereas EMS does not...what are the implications of this?

Thanks.

El Duderino

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 23
I have never had any issues with customs. If you are buying from a legit sale places they generally cover any customs stuff on their head and that's factored into price. Only with more "shady" ultra low price places (None that I've ever dealt with are this "shady") might they try and sneak stuff in. Frankly even one person operations I've dealt with handle it on their end so.. yeah in reality customs probably only becomes an issue when buying used and they underdeclare to save you money.

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #10 of 23
I ordered my HD30gb9 from Pricejapan using DHL service and I got it in 2 days from ordering! I imagine FedEX could probably deliver just as fast. The declared value on my package was a lot less than what I paid for though!

Jun 24, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 23
HaHa...thats really expensive IMHO...but if its worth it and your wallet can handle the big blow...why not...

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered my HD30gb9 from Pricejapan using DHL service and I got it in 2 days from ordering! I imagine FedEX could probably deliver just as fast. The declared value on my package was a lot less than what I paid for though!

Did you specifically ask them to undervalue the package or is that something they do anyway? It's likely that I'll go with PriceJapan since, overall, they have the cheaper product and I would much rather go with DHL than EMS.

And, yes, it is undoubtedly pricey for an MP3 player but, if the sound quality is as good as various individuals on this board have reported it to be, than it becomes worth it. Particularly, if its comparable to the (expensive) IMod, which I understand it may well be...

Coming from the Gigabeat S and having to deal with that waste of space day in day out has made me far more willing to pay for quality right from the start, instead of having to make multiple smaller purchases to eventually achieve the same goal.

El Duderino

Jun 24, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #13 of 23
DHL is fast, i got mine in about 3 days to the islands. it went to cali, then 1 day to hawaii. it was fast, and the best thing was there was no problems. except when i ordered it, apparently all of japan was closed for a week+ due to a national holiday! wish the US had those!

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #14 of 23
Don't forget the little HD10GB7: it's an awesome, cool looking little player that sounds as good as the HD30GB9. It's drag and drop, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back