Yes, I need a great amp for my HD650s...
May 18, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
You are trying to do everything just a bit too fast. The MPX3 is a beauty...wait for it to come in and then do everything one by one. You need to know how the amp and headphones sound to you stock so that you can make the rest of the purchases.

Example - if the amp is too warm then a silver interconnect can be the answer to your problem. If it is too bright then a high grade copper interconnect will do nicely.

Similarly if the setup is too dull then a Zu Cable Mobius or Cardas will be ideal. Or else a Oelbach will fit the bill...

Wait...be patient...dont rush into these things headfirst...

Cheers!

wise you

May 18, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregeas
Okay, so I pulled the trigger on a highly upgraded MPX-3 from Mikhail. He's coming to NYC this weekend, so I will meet him on Sunday to pick it up. Looking forward to it.

Three more questions: Should I upgrade the stock cables on the 650s? Stock power cable for the amp, or upgrade? And does anyone have ICs to recommend for the MPX-3? My go-to RCA cables are Audioquest Pythons...but I'm open to other ideas.

I might be wrong but the amp might not come with any power cord at all. If you are looking for a good one chack on audiogon.com for a LAT International AC2. they go for around 100.00 and are very nice. they sell new for 200.00.
If your meeting MIkhail at the meet you can check out different cables there and decide what you like. Enjoy your new amp and have fun if you go to the meet.
600smile.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back