Yes, ANOTHER HORNET THREAD!
Jan 31, 2007 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Morph201

Headphoneus Supremus
Ummm.. did the specs change on this thing or what?!? I just got a Hornet (I think).. but it's EXTREMELY SMALL... Do the pics actually add weight and size to it? Because it looks like the size of a tomahawk!! What? It's TINY!
blink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm.. did the specs change on this thing or what?!? I just got a Hornet (I think).. but it's EXTREMELY SMALL... Do the pics actually add weight and size to it? Because it looks like the size of a tomahawk!! What? It's TINY!
blink.gif

Welllll -- if you show a picture I might be able to answer...
confused.gif

Must see the color anyway.
orphsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 51
Lol, I will post a pic of it... don't have my camera phone on me now, but it does say Hornet.. just seems to be extremely petite,which isn't a bad thing... nice surprise really!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, I will post a pic of it... don't have my camera phone on me now, but it does say Hornet.. just seems to be extremely petite,which isn't a bad thing... nice surprise really!!
biggrin.gif

compared to the SR71 i used to have, when i first saw the Hornet I was afraid to blink in surprise in fear that it would disappear underneath one of my eyelashes.

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 51
Try this test:

DSC_0005.jpg

If it's as tall as a quarter, it's a Hornet. Also, here's a pic of the Hornet next to a Tomahawk, they are similar in size but the Toma is about 20% smaller (visual estimation).

DSC_0021.jpg

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 51
I should have mine back today or tomorrow... finally get to see what this "M" carze is all about
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by N_Maher
If it's as tall as a quarter, it's a Hornet. Also, here's a pic of the Hornet next to a Tomahawk, they are similar in size but the Toma is about 20% smaller (visual estimation).

frown.gif
I just finished buying this and the HD580s, I don't have any money left, not even a quarter to do that test!
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics as well as a review vs the Xenos.
biggrin.gif

Haha... let's just say... I now see the light!
wink.gif
Even the pink noise sounds sweet!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Try this test:

Who knows? -- Maybe Ray sent him a Tomahawk by mistake.

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who knows? -- Maybe Ray sent him a Tomahawk by mistake.

Pardon me for making the assumption that this individual could read whether or not it said "The Hornet" all over his amp.
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pardon me for making the assumption that this individual could read whether or not it said "The Hornet" all over his amp.
tongue.gif

blink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 51
I just received my Hornet on Monday - the black model - and I was surprised by how small it was, too. (And yes, it is definitely a Hornet - it says so.
tongue.gif
Also, it has the toggle switch to change the gain for different headphones, unlike the Tomahawk which is optimized for IEMs.) I think it looks really nice and is certainly very portable. I'm waiting to receive my Vibes so that I can hear what it sounds like.
biggrin.gif

Holly

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my Hornet on Monday - the black model - and I was surprised by how small it was, too. (And yes, it is definitely a Hornet - it says so.
tongue.gif
Also, it has the toggle switch to change the gain for different headphones, unlike the Tomahawk which is optimized for IEMs.) I think it looks really nice and is certainly very portable. I'm waiting to receive my Vibes so that I can hear what it sounds like.
biggrin.gif

Holly

Tomahawk also has a gain switch, albeit a 2-position, rather than the Hornet's 3-position gain switch -- and it can drive some large phones quite well, though the Hornet has more "juice".

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Holly

See it's not just me, the amp looks like a brick in pics... but it's ... not.. and yes, btw I can read... well unless I'm done with a bottle of 120 min. IPA then it's a different story!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back