Yellow Senn 414 pad cut-outs for Grados
Sep 29, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 15
Looks good to me......how does it sound?
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 15
Well I guess I need to do more experimenting, but honestly I don't notice much of a difference from the stock pads for the MS-1s, which I guess are the comfies. They do feel comfortable though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Thats a good job!
wink.gif
Without the right tools its tough to get them perfect.

Thanks. We had a new xacto knife at work, so I did it using the bottom of a prescription bottle as a stencil.

Sep 29, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 15
That hole is way too small IMO. Try to expose the driver. Yellow rules nontheless.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #8 of 15
I recently bought two pairs of these pads and noticed a lot of flaking (small particles of yellow foam falling off like dust). The flakes are not so small that they get inside the drivers but still it's not something I'd expect in headphone pads.

When I cut a hole almost as large as the back of the pads, the flaking became less of a problem, but it's still there.

Maybe the latest batch was not up to par in Sennheiser. Anyone else have this problem?

Sep 30, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 15
I had the flaking problem as well, I think all the pads do. Some people wash them thoroughly first, then put them on the phones. (After they're dry of course)

Sep 30, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
That hole is way too small IMO. Try to expose the driver. Yellow rules nontheless.
rs1smile.gif

Got a picture of how large the hole should be?

Sep 30, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 15
No, but it should be similar to the flat's hole. You could just open it bit by bit, and see if you can hit a sweet spot for SQ. (I think you can find pics if you search, I've seem some, but they were hard to find)

Sep 30, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 15
The holes look slightly small to me. Get a short pipe section that's approximately 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Center it over the hole on a hard but giving surface (like a flat piece of wood) and give it a good whack. You should get a nice perfect circle just beyond the borders of what you got now.

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #13 of 15
Once you already cut a hole, the pipe trick is not going to work any more since the hole expands quite a bit after cutting.
I tried to find a 1 1/4 pipe or socket myself before cutting my 414 pads, but couldnt. I ended up using an xacto knife and a film roll container as stencil. Its just the right size.
hazmat: You should also try to put the pads on reverse. Again, your hole might be a bit small for that as is. I really like these pads reverted. Great sound and soooo comfy.

Oct 1, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #15 of 15
When I had my Grado 325's I put a pair of Senn 540, over the ear pads and plastic pad ring on them. I used a four point drop of GE clear silicone to affix them, so I could remove them easily. Looked like it was made from the factory that way. The sound went to a more mellow but still detailed sound. But OH SO CUMFY to wear.
smily_headphones1.gif
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back