Year Zero: Whos got it?
Apr 19, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 78
'Capital G' rocks my world blind, just puts a smile on my face

'Violent heart' is possibly my favorite track on the album, I love it more than
when I heard the leaked version for some reason.

Then the odd guitar strum of 'The Warning' that gets my attention every time.

I felt a close bond with the first quarter of the album, first time listening to it, but now the middle is my sugarwater.

I don't see any weak points really, regardless of what some critiques have pointed out, although there are some really different steps by Trent on a few songs.

This album is definately one you need to put some hours into feeling.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #18 of 78
and is it me, but at the end of 'God Given' I do believe I hear 'Ring Finger'
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #19 of 78
Got the leaks when Trent released them and bought the cd on the 17th. FANTASTIC!!

If you want to have some fun read this USA Today article which compiles the whole concept theme and websites:

USA TODAY article on Year Zero

Wikipedia also has some nice info up on Year Zero.

Apr 19, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #21 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Initial impressions rank this as one of the nastiest NIN discs ever.

Does that mean you like it, or don't like it?
confused.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #23 of 78
okkk apparently yz sold 200k yesterday... and lavigne sold 250k...

so if you haven't, pick it up it! It's worth the ten bucks you'll spend.

Apr 19, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #24 of 78
Hate to be the odd man out here-but I am not impressed after the first couple of listens. This is coming from a die-hard fan.
The songs seem too short and too experimental/noisy-am hoping this will unravel with more listening to hopefully reveal something more cohesive.
Wonder what im not hearing that everyone else is
mad.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #27 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hate to be the odd man out here-but I am not impressed after the first couple of listens. This is coming from a die-hard fan.
The songs seem too short and too experimental/noisy-am hoping this will unravel with more listening to hopefully reveal something more cohesive.
Wonder what im not hearing that everyone else is
mad.gif

It took me a number of listens for me to warm to it, and quite a few more to really dig it. Initially, I was very disappointed, especially after the first couple of times through. But it was a real grower for me, and I'm really glad I gave it enough of a chance to really sink in.

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:07 PM Post #28 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else notice how much "capital g" sounds like michael jackson's "the way you make me feel"?. i'm just throwing it out there....

I thought the same thing with the drum intro. To the point where I thought I was about to hear NIN do a cover song. (I didn't read the titles of the songs before I listened; I feel this gives me a more unbiased review of an album).

Then when the vocals kick in, I thought it was a take off of some rap song. I can't think of any specific one, perhaps more of a stylistic take off. The way he says things like ...and UGHH... I'm probably over analyzing though.

I think this is better suited to single and/or radio than survivalism. Great song, but kind of short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back