Ye Olde Cross Border Question.
Jul 26, 2006 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mortalcoil

1000+ Head-Fier
wink.gif
Living in Toronto.Been eyeying HD25s for a longtime,unfortunately they cost 380 plus taxes here.Would like a new pair ideally.
So...my question is.Anyone know of a good store lets say in Buffalo?Do they have a website?
Thanks in advance.

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Ordering stuff over the border isnt that bad, just do NOT get UPS shipping, make sure they get USPS shipping, ive never been charged for that when it was marked as a gift, and the one time it wasnt the worth was about 600 bux and i got charged like 20 bux. Don't worry about ordering over the border, just never UPS.

Jul 26, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply.Have you ever considered driving?,if you know what I mean.

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 7
The problem with retail in store is the cost. Even at the reduced US prices it'll be much higher than from Todd or HeadRoom. I've never paid more than ~$10CAD in taxes on purchases from the US, Germany or Japan for that matter.

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Hmmm...I see.I was under the impression that the HD25 could be had for 200 or so at the (bricks and mortar) retail level.

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 7
As a previous poste rmentioned, avoid UPS and I'd like to ad FedEx to that list. These will murder you on customs and duties becuase they tack on an insane brokerage fee (last time for me it was 45 bucks
plainface.gif
)

I always order from eBay and request the seller to mark it as a gift under $30. No problems thus far and I've bought tonnes of electronics.

Jul 27, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k
As a previous poste rmentioned, avoid UPS and I'd like to ad FedEx to that list. These will murder you on customs and duties becuase they tack on an insane brokerage fee (last time for me it was 45 bucks
plainface.gif
)

I always order from eBay and request the seller to mark it as a gift under $30. No problems thus far and I've bought tonnes of electronics.

Bingo !, When's your B-day ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back