Ye Age-Old Sennheiser Debate
Jun 7, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #92 of 96
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
Arnett...

...Ilike your avatar.
smily_headphones1.gif
One of the greatest rock albums ever produced!

peacesign.gif

Jazz,

yes, a hard day's night IS one of the best rock records ever made. unlike some of their later output, a hard day's night is really fun to listen to. probably because they had so much fun making that album.

too bad the 1987 CD release is in mono. i grew up listening to it in stereo on LP. thankfully, i have a MP3 based stereo vinyl rip i listen to. the stereo mix is awesome! i hope EMI will soon release the entire Beatle catalogue in hi-rez and include the stereo mix of a hard day's night.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #93 of 96
to my ears the HD580s are veiled compared to the HD600, without a shadow of a doubt... the HD600s are so much cleaner sounding in the mids / treble... with the treble being more extended also...

...Then again, after many years of trying... I just can't love the Senn sound... I came so close at one point, but then the love faded....

Either way, I voted Yes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #94 of 96
Quote:

That's right, it's called the Hi-Fi sound. Give me musicality any day!

Whatever happened to "If it sounds good, it is good?" This place is so damn close-minded on both sides of these ******** arguments.
rolleyes.gif
I don't even know why any of this matters. Perhaps its about ready to move on for a while. I probably won't and it's not like anyone would care if I left, but this is all starting to feel ridiculous.
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #96 of 96
radrd...

I replied with an honest answer, saying that i could hear differences, but overall the sonic signature would not and could not grow on me...

was that not along the right lines?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back