Yay for linux
Jul 4, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #31 of 31
Donovan,

my problem with Mozilla is that I can't get any other theme to work correctly. i can not stand the netscape look. heck, i wish i could get rid of that dinosaur upper right icon (like you can with IE). Konqueror is just an upgraded mozilla, so all of the mozilla functionality is still there. but it added split screens, so that's somewhat of a plus.

D-Ej,

I picked up the RH9 Linux Bible, by Christopher Negus, yesterday ($40). Do you know if he writes one for SUSE?

even though RH9 uses KDE over GNOME, it is actually a kludge of the two. RH's claim to fame is still the .rpm filing / updating system. (It comes with RH9 on CDRom, as do a lot of other books, but has a 3rd cdrom filled with 260 other programs. the 'RH9 Unleashed' and 'RH9 for Dummies' books have the 2 CD "Publisher's Edition". I wonder if the local library carries these books with the CDs? hint. hint. {for those that do not have a cable modem}).

the SUSE documentation pages are much better than the RH doc pages - they are a little more verbose and less technical-language written.

if you have an nVidia video card, be prepared to do some serious gyrations to get it to do DRI 3D rendering if you're into gaming. My Matrox G400 Max had no problems turning on DRI.I already know that it will run OpenGL flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back