Yarland P-100
Mar 4, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #92 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree. The stock tubes are back in, and I have been breaking it in for 4 days straight. After about 150 hours I'll really listen to it critically, and by then hopefully the Russian tubes will be here, and then I'll make the switch, and then listen again
orphsmile.gif

Skylab..if you ordered the tubes from the Ukraine or Russia, you might have a one month wait from what I`ve read in other threads. If you bought the 6n3p`s in a large lot, I`ll buy a couple off of you.
icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #93 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt369 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab..if you ordered the tubes from the Ukraine or Russia, you might have a one month wait from what I`ve read in other threads. If you bought the 6n3p`s in a large lot, I`ll buy a couple off of you.
icon10.gif

It could be a wait, I agree. I ordered from Russia. The smallest quantity I could buy was 6, so I can sell you 2 - shoot me a PM.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #95 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could be a wait, I agree. I ordered from Russia. The smallest quantity I could buy was 6, so I can sell you 2 - shoot me a PM.

Done and sent.

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #96 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered 2 GE 5-stars 5670WA and 2 RCA 6BQ5

Can't wait to use them

Wow, those are some nice tubes I bet, let us know what you think!

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #99 of 137
5 business days.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #100 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering how long you had to wait for your amp to get shipped once payment was made ?

If the amp is shipped today, 6 business days.

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #101 of 137
Well, I am now listening to the Yarland with all Russian tubes - my 6N3P's came. They sound SOOOOOO much better than the stock Chinese tubes - smoother, quieter. The basic character of the amp remains, but the Russian 6N3P's and the Electro-Harmonix (also Russian of course) EL84's are a very nice combo. This is a cheap upgrade - the 6N3P's were $14.95 shipped from Russian for 6 tubes, and the EH tubes were $20 for a matched pair.

This makes the Yarland a really VERY good sounding amp. Now it competes with the ASL OTL mk III (although I still prefer the ASL amp). The Yarland is very dynamic sounding, while still having that magical tube midrange.

Fairbanks, I totally understand your hesitation to change tubes, and the Yarland is a nice sounding amp with the stock tubes, although one of my stock 6N3's was noisy. But it just plain sounds better with the Russian tubes, IMO.

Either way, huge thumbs up from me. GREAT value, too! A beautiful to look at, great sounding hume tube amp for $350!

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #104 of 137
just wondering the version i used to have two jacks. one for 32ohm to 64ohm and one is for 300ohm to 600ohm. whick jack do you use if you have a 250 ohm headphone?

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #105 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wondering the version i used to have two jacks. one for 32ohm to 64ohm and one is for 300ohm to 600ohm. whick jack do you use if you have a 250 ohm headphone?

I use the 300 ohm jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back