Yarland P-100
Mar 1, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #76 of 137
Just wondering for those who emailed how long did it take to get an answer. I talked to Dave today, however since I'm from Canada he asked for shipping info to give me a quote. Do they usually reply fast?

Max

Mar 1, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #77 of 137
My experience was the next day.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #80 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be possible to have pics of the interior?

I will take some when my Russian 6N3P's come.

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #81 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still find it a thoroughly enjoyable amp. I'm going to save a full review for when the Russian tubes come, but even as is, it's EASILY worth $320. It sounds much better than any portable amp I have ever heard at that price, for example.

have you heard other chinese tube amp Skylab? for example, little dot II or darkvoice 332/6/7? i want to get a tube amp but just not sure which. i had this on my mind, darkvoice 336 and cayin ha-1a and i really can't decide.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #82 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you heard other chinese tube amp Skylab? for example, little dot II or darkvoice 332/6/7? i want to get a tube amp but just not sure which. i had this on my mind, darkvoice 336 and cayin ha-1a and i really can't decide.

i recommend the Doge 6210. it can drive the K701s very nicely.

Mar 1, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #83 of 137
I don't suppose there's anyway they'd accept payment by Paypal huh? I just remembered that the money I have been budgeting for a new amp is all in Paypal.
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #84 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Antique Sound Lab MG HEad OTL mk III, and I do like it's sound better than the Yarland, but right now the ASL amp already has all Electro-Harminix tubes in it, and I am still waiting for my Russian tubes for the Yarland. I will report back on that. But with the stock Chinese tubes, the Yarland sounds good, but the ASL sounds better. Still, don't let that dissuade anyone from buying the Yarland - it costs less than the ASL, and it's very good, even with the stock tubes (for those who are not into tube-rolling, which I completely understand).

Mar 1, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #85 of 137
Skylab, where the big big scheme of things do you put the Yaland compared to the Singlepower? In other words, how much better than the Yarland do you think the Singlepower amp is in your opinion?

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #86 of 137
The sound of my non-SLAM Singlepower is pure tube seduction - very lush, warm, and romantic. That means it suits some headphones better than others. So to say it sounds "better" is hard, although I think it does overall. You have to look at the headphone as well as the amp.

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #87 of 137
Thanks Skylab. You just saved me $350 as I was just about to try the Yarland. I like the ASL MG Head mkIII as well. It is no longer the flavor of the month but still a good amp for the money. I find it to also be quiet compared to other amps like the Ming Da 66.

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #88 of 137
Quote:

I have the Antique Sound Lab MG HEad OTL mk III, and I do like it's sound better than the Yarland, but right now the ASL amp already has all Electro-Harminix tubes in it, and I am still waiting for my Russian tubes for the Yarland. I will report back on that. But with the stock Chinese tubes, the Yarland sounds good, but the ASL sounds better. Still, don't let that dissuade anyone from buying the Yarland - it costs less than the ASL, and it's very good, even with the stock tubes (for those who are not into tube-rolling, which I completely understand).

Hey Skylab,I think it would be best to refrain for judging the Yarland until it reaches peak performance.I mean you've only had it three days or so.Also your changing of all the tubes makes your upcomming review a little spotty.I think people need an accurate review with stock tubes in place to really make a good assessment as to the value of it .What do you think?

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #89 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairbanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Skylab,I think it would be best to refrain for judging the Yarland until it reaches peak performance.I mean you've only had it three days or so.Also your changing of all the tubes makes your upcomming review a little spotty.I think people need an accurate review with stock tubes in place to really make a good assessment as to the value of it .What do you think?

Totally agree. The stock tubes are back in, and I have been breaking it in for 4 days straight. After about 150 hours I'll really listen to it critically, and by then hopefully the Russian tubes will be here, and then I'll make the switch, and then listen again
orphsmile.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #90 of 137
Quote:

Totally agree. The stock tubes are back in, and I have been breaking it in for 4 days straight. After about 150 hours I'll really listen to it critically, and by then hopefully the Russian tubes will be here, and then I'll make the switch, and then listen again
orphsmile.gif

Great,looking forward to your review.P.S.give the tubes a rest every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back