Yaqin MS-300C 300B Amp
Sep 3, 2010 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ford2

Headphoneus Supremus

The Yaqin MS-300C  300B Amp is a mighty fine looking bit of kit BUT what is the SQ like.

At its price point $1000 delivered it must be one of the most impressive looking amps around.

Has anyone ever listened to one or its stable mates,at around 8 watts it makes an ideal companion to the K1000,and besides that it has a headphone out that is taken from speaker outs(470 ohm resisters)

Sep 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 10
I own the Grant Fidelity version of this amp with premium tubes, and think very highly of it. Note, that although I've tried the headphone output, I mainly use it as a speaker amp. The headphone portion is good with low imp. phones, but only decent with high.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
I own the Grant Fidelity version of this amp with premium tubes, and think very highly of it. Note, that although I've tried the headphone output, I mainly use it as a speaker amp. The headphone portion is good with low imp. phones, but only decent with high.

My only concern is how much noise the amp has.If there is one thing that turns me away from tubes is the dreaded hum,mains or other.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:

I would say it is a rebadge.

That is just the point and agreed! Caution and alert to the fact that most Chinese consumed products are "re-badged" and are marketed under various brands.

Let me just say the "A534" looks grand from the exterior presentation, I guess the million dollar question is also the workmanship. What about the interior results under the hood, such as follow:

1) The point to point wiring and Quality done.

2) Selection of  components used.

3) Quality of materials and service.

Remember Single Pow....Doors close!

On the other side of the coin look at Woo products for example very thought out. Resulting loyal customer base.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 10
Yeah, I was gonna say "what point to point?"
Looks like a decent quality build, but they have to use a pcb
to keep the production costs down, thus offering it that cheap to the consumer.

Oh! And it is definitely a rebadge with a few minor tweaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back