Yang's Little Dot II
May 9, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #31 of 54
6_22175.jpg

6_22176.jpg

this tube amp by Yang looks very interesting. but i dont think they're for sale yet.

May 9, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
this tube amp by Yang looks very interesting. but i dont think they're for sale yet.

interesting? it looks more like a city centre to me!
blink.gif
wink.gif

May 9, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by rellik
doe he speak any english?

and could someone send me his email? i know people who can speak chinese

yes, he speaks english. although sometimes can be a bit confusing on he is trying to say, but u will get thru that..

I have posted his email at another thread... but here it goes again..
swco@163.com
I post it up on this thread. http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...3&page=1&pp=20
and my small review for the LDII amp http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1384655

*note: I have neither intention nor in-corporated with the Maker of the AMP to promote the AMP.

Cheers

May 9, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
6_22175.jpg

6_22176.jpg

the site says its 75% complete in development, so I dont think its available yet.

those with internet explorer, right click on chinese text and hit translate to english.

I dont know about this obsession with gold and blue, these colors clash.
anyone mind telling yang that silver and black are more appealing? or at least turn the blue portions into gold of black
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
the site says its 75% complete in development, so I dont think its available yet.

those with internet explorer, right click on chinese text and hit translate to english.

I dont know about this obsession with gold and blue, these colors clash.
anyone mind telling yang that silver and black are more appealing? or at least turn the blue portions into gold of black
smily_headphones1.gif

as long as they sound good, i could care less if they're rainbow colored
wink.gif

May 10, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #37 of 54
Yeah, they still sound different and I don't think the difference is just in my head either. One has a noticeably more recessed distant sounding bass and a screechy thin sounding midrange - on the other, vocals would be fluid and have just the right amount of weight and detail to convince me 'i'm there'; whereas the same vocals have a cold (think cold steel) artificial transistor radio-ish sound on the other, especially female vocals; with the recessed bass lack of body in the midrange, it just seems like the treble overshadows everything.

I gave my impressions with the one that matches my setup better.

May 10, 2005 at 9:16 AM Post #39 of 54
Wow. I just swapped around the drive tubes only this time (rather than both) and what a difference it makes! The chiseled hard sounding midrange is now a lot more fluid and smooth sounding, and I no longer feel the highs are as dominating or the midrange as artificial or peircing. Man, i'm glade it wasn't the amp, the tubes I can replace heh
icon10.gif

May 10, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #42 of 54
Let the group buy begin!
redface.gif

or perhaps continue?
eggosmile.gif

May 10, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
3 Day by DHL for 33.5USD or 4 weeks via the ocean for 15.6USD. I payed the extra.

Thanks cmanc.

May 10, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #44 of 54
if the mods allow a group buy to take place, i could probably setup one. i have family members over in china who can personally retrieve and ship the amps over here to the states. plus, they could probably bargain for cheaper prices too
wink.gif

May 10, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
Does anyone else smell a humungous bargain ?

Well, I smell something quite different in my imagination.
I don't wanna be the party pooper, but some of you guys seem to know even less about tube amps than me.
Tubes have to be periodically biased, especially at the beginning of their lifetime and I doubt that at this price level there are autobiasing curcuits involved.Are you ready to maintain the amp?
What about safety curcuits/construction.
In case of failure a cheap and unsafe tubeamp could easily fry your $500 headphones.Or your cat.or in worst case you.
How does this smell?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back