Yang's Little Dot II
May 4, 2005 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

cmanc

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my Little Dot 2 amp today from Yang and I thought I might share some pictures :-

LD2front.jpg

LD2top.jpg

LD2back.jpg

tubes.jpg

My modded SR325i:-
sr325i.jpg

It came 5 days (by DHL) after he finished building it, which was completed in about 2 weeks. Originally I had placed an order for the Little Dot I, but changed that after hearing about it's limitations with low impedance cans and that a new revision would solve this problem, which luckily for me was available as I placed my order and before he started building. I had to make my own cable before I could used the LD2 from my E-MU 0404 soundcard, so I haven't had much time to listen to it; right now they're burning-in - and speaking of burning, this amp does get extremely hot after a while of use. This is my first tube amp - so maybe this is normal, I don't know, but I know I wouldn't want to leave it running when I leave the house, seeing as it hasn't been tested to comply with Aussie safety standards etc.

I actually ordered 2 LD2s and they sound quite different to each other, but I won't comment on that until I had more use.

I guess the point of this post is to show that Mr. Yang exist and his amps are for real. I haven't taken any glow-in-the-dark pics yet, will do on demand
tongue.gif

May 4, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 54
It would be very worthwhile if the aussie head-fiers get together to compare little dot I and II. Only seems like many austrailians getting this little amp due to geogrphic proximity. Across the pacific we still have to wait for your verdict.....Any head-fiers across the pond interested in this short comparo???

Nice pix.

May 4, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 54
Spray paint would do the trick it's just a metal covering which is held on by two screws, hell you could probably even do without, bar the dust.

I have 2 LD2 in my possesion and i'd be more than happy to lend one to another Headfier (in Sydney) with a tube setup to do a comparo to give us an picture of how it performs. So far this amp is a better match for my SR325i than the homevibe.

May 5, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 54
how is it cmanc? make u smile?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I got mine too... just arrived 2 days ago... and still having the break-in process
biggrin.gif

I'll write my impression on this LDII amp... let's see if we are having the same impression or not... hehehe
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
how can I order the headband for my grados, Ive modded the heck or of my grados, But I would like to mod the head band too
smily_headphones1.gif

You can get it from any Beyerdynamic retailer or from Beyerdynamic direct - they're the DT770 headband.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xing3ds
how is it cmanc? make u smile?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I got mine too... just arrived 2 days ago... and still having the break-in process
biggrin.gif

I'll write my impression on this LDII amp... let's see if we are having the same impression or not... hehehe
biggrin.gif

Ohh yes! they're great with the SR325i i'm using them with modded comfies at the moment and never heard them sounding so real with live recordings.
icon10.gif

May 5, 2005 at 10:05 AM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
Ohh yes! they're great with the SR325i i'm using them with modded comfies at the moment and never heard them sounding so real with live recordings.
icon10.gif

yep, so real with live recordings.

I'm glad I make the right decision to buy this amp as my first amp.
600smile.gif

probably, someone should arrange a meet-up for australia headphiles...
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 54
I just swapped the tubes on both around and the difference remained, so the tubes themselves seem to be fine. The difference i'm hearing must lie within the amp itself.

Anyone willing to take both LD2s plus headphone off me and do a comparison with their own setup? Man, I ljust ove how they sound together and want to share the love
tongue.gif

May 6, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #13 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
I just swapped the tubes on both around and the difference remained, so the tubes themselves seem to be fine. The difference i'm hearing must lie within the amp itself.

Anyone willing to take both LD2s plus headphone off me and do a comparison with their own setup? Man, I ljust ove how they sound together and want to share the love
tongue.gif

hmm.. interesting.. so that could mean that my amp will most likely sounds different with yours which then we will have different impressions...

is there anyone out there having this LDII amp beside us?
anyone currently ordering LDII amp?
I wanna know their impressions...

May 7, 2005 at 9:43 AM Post #15 of 54
modded 325i? that looks like an ms-1 with a beyer 880 headband wrapped around it to me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back