Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Jun 2, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #1,081 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by braddo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, Slwiser pretty much made my mind up for me, although i always new it would happen on its own anyway. A few days and i'll have a Yammy.

I hope disappointment is not in the cards...if you are giving me such credit!

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #1,082 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope disappointment is not in the cards...if you are giving me such credit!

I was looking over the edge and thinking about jumping but you pushed me, so you will be totally to blame.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #1,083 of 1,351
I'm interested in really maximizing my system around the yammy before I upgrade the amp. At this time I don't have any intention of giving up my well-loved AD2ks but I find this sort of discussion very useful (plus it's a good addition to the thread). Probably the last thing I will do is recable my ADks to squeeze out that last bit of performance our of the yammy. I often think about at what price level source and connects pass the yammy's performance threshold. I have some difficult choices in my future. I think your modding is elite slwiser!! My skills lay elsewhere. I had trouble understanding how there are two places for one fuse but I guess I will see when one day I do this mod. I just hope I don't get confused and turn into a puddle on the floor.

Another thing I've been wondering is out of yammy owner's, is anyone using a tubed source? Will things get too slow for our fast AT phones?? Is it best to stick with SS where you can milk the freq extremes in addition to the yammy's strong midrange. I noticed horns didn't sound very good last night compared to the senns when I was listening to shostakovich's 5th.

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #1,084 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
slwiser man, modding your yammy, taking it to the next level, how cool. Do you have a link for those hifi fuses? Also, did you do the install yourself? Difficulty?

www.thecableco.com another source though I tink $29.99 is standard.

PS!!! 12 weeks and I't Here Finally!!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #1,085 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by canyon_john /img/forum/go_quote.gif
www.thecableco.com another source though I tink $29.99 is standard.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The yammi i
HAs landed. Come on guys be happy!!!!!Paaaaaaaaaaaarty with Acoustic!!! sOUNDS GREAT WITH LOSSLESS. CAN'T WAIT FOR ANALOG OR EVEN CD. iTHOUGHT THE Adcam PRE WAS PRETTY RESOLVING WITH CANS. wOW...ONE HOUR---GREAT BALANCE

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #1,086 of 1,351
Mine arrived today. Haven't heard it yet. Quick question: I bought mine second hand and there is no power lead. Does a power lead come with these amps when bought new? Cheers. I've got a lead anyway but just wanted to know.

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #1,087 of 1,351
Quote:

Mine arrived today. Haven't heard it yet. Quick question: I bought mine second hand and there is no power lead. Does a power lead come with these amps when bought new? Cheers. I've got a lead anyway but just wanted to know.

Yes, mine came with a lead and a funky audio technica mini to RCA's IPOD cable.

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #1,088 of 1,351
Quote:

Yes. Technically a brand new unit from shige-san does come with a power cord. However, it's just a lame PC cord as far as I can tell. Nothing special.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #1,089 of 1,351
Anyway, had a QUICK listen with w5000. More detail than my Talisman, and more natural sound. Sound like absolute crap through the 595's (which surprisingly sound good with the Talisman). 701's are are bit thin, but they are like that anyway. The only thing I though was bad was maybe a lack of drive?, but when i went back to the Talisman it was not much different in that area, I just seemed to THINK the Talisman had more drive when listening to the yammy. So overall, a step up for the w5000's which i'm happy about because i was prepared to buy a new CDP over double the price I paid for the yammy to get that extra detail and sound separation. My ears still need to 'burn in' with this amp yet so i'm sure I'll have more to say when I adjust. Overall good amp though, I think i would have to spend BIG money to get a major difference in quality to what i have now. Perhaps my journey is over, but this is head-fi.

Jun 6, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #1,090 of 1,351
I find there can be a "lack of drive" with the yammy too but it isn't there all the time. Plus with small ensembles I don't think it could get much better musically, (execpt for more soundstage but that costs money). The 595 was a non-starter for me as well paired with the yammy. Glad to hear you're liking it.

Jun 6, 2008 at 10:00 AM Post #1,091 of 1,351
I don't know what happened over night, but this is a tremendous amp! I love it. The one word that comes to mind is texture, texture, texture, maybe that's three words. I can't believe the extra detail I hear, incredible with W5000's. Must be synergy? I thought my previous amp was pretty good, and it is, but this is another level with W5000's. Thanks to everyone who put me on to this with comments etc. I love the 'weight' of the music with the yammy! yet it is still airy and sonic. This will be my combo (yammy/W5000) for a very long time I would think. Drive issue doesn't concern me at all now, I was perhaps to hasty with that comment. I made the right decision here, I hear the instrument separation i was after. Incredible. Cheers

Jun 6, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #1,094 of 1,351
Quote:

I don't know what happened over night, but this is a tremendous amp! I love it. The one word that comes to mind is texture, texture, texture, maybe that's three words. I can't believe the extra detail I hear, incredible with W5000's. Must be synergy? I thought my previous amp was pretty good, and it is, but this is another level with W5000's. Thanks to everyone who put me on to this with comments etc. I love the 'weight' of the music with the yammy! yet it is still airy and sonic. This will be my combo (yammy/W5000) for a very long time I would think. Drive issue doesn't concern me at all now, I was perhaps to hasty with that comment. I made the right decision here, I hear the instrument separation i was after. Incredible. Cheers

Hi all

It is good to see a happy chappy with the same gear as myself ( HA-02 & W5000) there is a good chance my source iand cables are different.

I am very happy with my setup, I admit I have not herd any other setups, may be that is the secret with the upgrade bug not hearing other equipment
smily_headphones1.gif

One day I will be tempted to hear the HA-02 with the UE9s

Jun 6, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #1,095 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm.. They look nice, them woodies
smily_headphones1.gif

Are these in the same SQ neighborhood as Zana Deux's?

I have seen one person who had the Yamamoto get the Zana and he preferred the Zana. I am sure the Zana is a very fine amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back