Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
May 13, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #1,051 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canyon_John, my amp just arrived a few minutes ago. I think that you and I were on the same schedule so you should (with any luck) be very close, maybe today is your lucky day, too.

Yeah Brian just checked in and wrote:

[size=x-small]"My apologies - right after getting back from an audio show in Detroit last
week (the 3rd and 4th), I was called to Toledo to take care of my mom, who
had been hospitalized.

I am just getting back into the swing of things right now, and I did receive
an e-mail from Mr. Yamamoto telling me that everything this month is about
ten days behind schedule due to a holiday in Japan. I am going to send a
more specific inquiry about your amp, and will let you know what I hear
back.

In the meantime, please expect to receive an extra something from me (an
audiophile "tweak") as my way of saying sorry for the HA-02 missing your
birthday!

All my best,
Brian"[/size]

May 13, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #1,052 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by canyon_john /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah Brian just checked in and wrote:

[size=x-small]"My apologies - right after getting back from an audio show in Detroit last
week (the 3rd and 4th), I was called to Toledo to take care of my mom, who
had been hospitalized.

I am just getting back into the swing of things right now, and I did receive
an e-mail from Mr. Yamamoto telling me that everything this month is about
ten days behind schedule due to a holiday in Japan. I am going to send a
more specific inquiry about your amp, and will let you know what I hear
back.

In the meantime, please expect to receive an extra something from me (an
audiophile "tweak") as my way of saying sorry for the HA-02 missing your
birthday!

All my best,
Brian"[/size]

well at least you got a reply, shouldn't be long now. Mine took 11 and a half weeks, I paid the balance a couple of weeks ago. It was shipped EMS which turns it over to the USPS. I hooked it up and had a brief listen, most enjoyable

May 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #1,053 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjkphd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well at least you got a reply, shouldn't be long now. Mine took 11 and a half weeks, I paid the balance a couple of weeks ago. It was shipped EMS which turns it over to the USPS. I hooked it up and had a brief listen, most enjoyable

This is about what I experienced with my order from Brian.

My second one was purchased over the holidays as a special that he had offered on his forum. It was a demo that he made available with new tubes and full warranty.

May 13, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #1,054 of 1,351
FWIW, I am no good at waiting and I was starting to doubt my purchase.

Since the amp has arrived about 2 hours ago I have been running it - it started out sounding nice and has only improved. It is way too soon for any kind of considered opinion but my *initial* thoughts are very positive. It is what I was hoping for - larger soundstage and more detailed sounding than my SS amp.

What a treat!

My assumption is that it will break-in over time and get smoother. The sound certainly got smoother as the amp warmed up. WRT break-in I plan to just use it - I am not going to cook the thing, if it changes during that period - great, if not I am a happy camper at this moment. Once I get more used to the amp/can combo I'll start trying things like power cords and cables.

May 13, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #1,055 of 1,351
sorry - made a duplicate message w/my 10 thumbs. This is a placeholder until I figure out how to delete the post.

May 13, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #1,056 of 1,351
Quote:

FWIW, I am no good at waiting and I was starting to doubt my purchase.

Since the amp has arrived about 2 hours ago I have been running it - it started out sounding nice and has only improved. It is way too soon for any kind of considered opinion but my *initial* thoughts are very positive. It is what I was hoping for - larger soundstage and more detailed sounding than my SS amp.

What a treat!

My assumption is that it will break-in over time and get smoother. The sound certainly got smoother as the amp warmed up. WRT break-in I plan to just use it - I am not going to cook the thing, if it changes during that period - great, if not I am a happy camper at this moment. Once I get more used to the amp/can combo I'll start trying things like power cords and cables.

Congratulations! So you feel its worth the wait then? Have fun Breaking it in and tweakin it

May 13, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #1,057 of 1,351
Make sure you post your W1000 impressions, especially compared with the famous HD650. The W1000 is not supposed to compare well but the Yamamoto may make the W1000 a surprise contender.

May 14, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #1,058 of 1,351
Quote:

What a treat!

A Yammy is always a "treat"

Quote:

It will keep on improving at a reasonable rate till somewhere between 250 - 300 hours after which improvements start declining ... , and yes 15 -20 minutes after start up it really starts singing ...
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #1,059 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Yammy is always a "treat"

It will keep on improving at a reasonable rate till somewhere between 250 - 300 hours after which improvements start declining ... , and yes 15 -20 minutes after start up it really starts singing ...
biggrin.gif

Improvements start declining?
eek.gif
Really? Or did you mean the rate of improvement starts declining???

May 14, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #1,060 of 1,351
Quote:

eek.gif

I think that he means that the rate of change decreases. In other words: the amp achieves stability.

If it gets any better than it is out of the box my head might explode. I actually got goosebumps last night listing to a CD. Zowie.

May 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #1,061 of 1,351
Quote:

If it gets any better than it is out of the box my head might explode. I actually got goosebumps last night listing to a CD. Zowie.

I know what you mean but I think in can be optimized with burn-in and the right Power Cable, source and headphone.

May 15, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #1,062 of 1,351
Quote:

eek.gif

Yes, rate of improvement starts declining, not the quaility of the sound, mine is way past "burn-in" and is still sounding WONDERFULL

May 15, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #1,063 of 1,351
I leave my on for about 30min before I start listening. Based on taut's comments, some weekends I leave it on all day, coming back to it several times. It really comes in to it's own after several hours. Very coherent and musical. I bit constricted/congested for big scale classical but I could just about fall into Mozart's string quartets.

May 15, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #1,064 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has yet to show up....maybe Monday.

Cryo'ed tubes...first note concerning these...so far I would not recommend the pair that I got to anyone. The first pair that I am listening too have some pops every once in a while almost a static sound but very short in duration. I am hoping this will even out after a while so I will update more later.

May 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #1,065 of 1,351
Quote:

Hey you all,

I've searched but found nothing on this in this forum, so I ask you guys that have heard it all with the Yammy. What is the best open headphone with the yammy? ....and I'm keping it in mind that the yammy was voiced for the W1k.

Thanks!

I like the AD2000,IMO better than the RS1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back